Note to New Members ×

Boots..

big canuck

No but will be later today. My three and a half year old was inconsolable yesterday when she found out her older sister was invited to a party of a girl she knows, but its all older girls. :mad:

The way I snapped her out of it was to promise to get out all her ski gear and try it on and make sure her new skis fit her older sisters boots from two years ago that she gets this year. :)

I think she would rather do that than go to the party. She got so excited and looked at me very seriously and asked is it going to start snowing now?

Love my kids attitude on winter. :biggthump

I'll get all my stuff on while watching a little football or sumthin. Burton Fires and laminate flooring don't mix well. :smashfrea

"ski parties" are becoming a family tradition at my house. Right now we are doing them at least once a week. My girls just love to wear their skis around the house. There are a lot of skills that you can work on for both skiing and snowboarding at home.

That being said, the "ski party" idea does not work as well with snowboards. Here is a pic of the fam last year:

image.php?u=175&dateline=1194066522&type=profile

I have not taken any pics yet this year.

Needless to say, when I got my new SB boots this year and wore them around the house for days on end, the family wasn't phased at all. :biggthump

Have you tried the stairs yet? May be all kinds of fun

I remember very well when I was a kid, strapped into my brand new Burton Elite 150 (complete with revolutionary highback bindings and metal edges) surfing my super single waterbed...I lost my balance and tipped over placing the center of my lower back firmly on the rail of the bed(bending me in ways only gumby could contort to). It hurt a bit then but did not really slow me down. I imagine it would be a season ending event for me today if I tried such a feat of waterbed surfing.

Keep up the living room riding sessions!

I am off for a few laps around the family room! I'll see if my boy can catch me. Maybe I could talk him into riding our stairs(he is far more durable than I).

I'll post picts if he does it!

"ski parties" are becoming a family tradition at my house. Right now we are doing them at least once a week. My girls just love to wear their skis around the house. There are a lot of skills that you can work on for both skiing and snowboarding at home.

That being said, the "ski party" idea does not work as well with snowboards. Here is a pic of the fam last year:

image.php?u=175&dateline=1194066522&type=profile

I have not taken any pics yet this year.

Needless to say, when I got my new SB boots this year and wore them around the house for days on end, the family wasn't phased at all. :biggthump

Have you tried the stairs yet? May be all kinds of fun

I have my four year old sidestep up the stairs regularly. It is very valuable practice for skills she uses on the hill.

I have gone down the stairs, but I have not had her try. I was thinking about it, though. Maybe your post will motivate me.:biggthump

What do you think, should I ask her if she wants to, or just push her down?:eplus2:

I haven't been wearing my boots around the apartment but the stair comment reminded me of a story. I was running late for the bus one time wearing some hardboots and I found out I could run while wearing them. Now granted its not quite a sprint, more of a large jumping stride but you'd be surprised the crap you can pull if you try hard enough. Lol, I bet everyone thought I was a dork that time. Some people seemed impressed though.

I went snowboarding last weekend.:biggthump Gotta love Colorado! We got a foot yesterday at the top of the mountain.