Note to New Members ×

How many squats do you do in 1 day of riding

Bobby Buggs

I also (edit: plan to) do heel raises (edit: in addition to the planned squats/wall sits), since the burn is identical to the one I get when carpetsurfing (technically haven't ridden plates yet ;))

If you're getting a burn carpet surfing, your stance may need some tweaking. Good place to start:

http://www.yyzcanuck.com/E_tech_article04.htm

Except, ignore the part that says "start at 55-60 on front foot". More modern advice is to start such that your boots don't hang over your edges, but only just so.

This is a little off topic, but is worth discussing here.

I've been bike commuting for well over a year now. I even sold my A4, so now I'm stuck. I found that my 30 Mile bike commute from work takes 1:20. The same trip in a car takes 50 minutes. I never took the time exercise when I drove. Now I get almost an 1.5 hrs of exercise in 20 minutes.

Last winter, the strength and conditioning that resulted from biking had a remarkable impact on the number of laps i could take in a day. Biking through the winter keeps me fit and flexible. There were only 4 days last winter that I couldn't ride because of snow even though it was a record year in SLC. I felt like I was a kid again. I used to go home after lunch, but now it's last chair!

I plan on doing squats and lunges as well twice a week.

This is a little off topic, but is worth discussing here.

I've been bike commuting for well over a year now. I even sold my A4, so now I'm stuck. I found that my 30 Mile bike commute from work takes 1:20. The same trip in a car takes 50 minutes. I never took the time exercise when I drove. Now I get almost an 1.5 hrs of exercise in 20 minutes.

Last winter, the strength and conditioning that resulted from biking had a remarkable impact on the number of laps i could take in a day. Biking through the winter keeps me fit and flexible. There were only 4 days last winter that I couldn't ride because of snow even though it was a record year in SLC. I felt like I was a kid again. I used to go home after lunch, but now it's last chair!

I plan on doing squats and lunges as well twice a week.

I've been commuting to work by bike this summer, and although I've been taking the subway this week, I plan to do it throughout the winter too. I'm hoping this will help my riding.