Note to New Members ×

SES 09 - Let us know you'll be in Aspen!

Michelle

Anyways, see you in 2010. Enjoy the cord, sun, and company. And keep those knees together for the love of pete.

Jon

aka- jjfluff

Not sitting in Wisconson, but I am in the same boat as JJ. Too much bad news from the tax man and my January was half of what is should be for this time of year. The "economy" strikes another one from the SES. ****, ****, ****.

If I could have finished building the online shopping cart driven website in time maybe......but there are many challenges in retail these days. Maybe I need to create a TD3 for the art world. So my carve addicted friends, we will have to wait until next year to get my carve on with the Colorado crew and the SESers from around the world.

Stan, Mark, Scott, Mats, Fin, Michelle and many others I was looking forward to meeting and riding with - apologies and I will start the planning and the saving right now.

Go get ya some. :biggthump

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear that.I was hoping to shred with a fellow Idahoan.We got screwed by our accountant who lost his certification and didn't send our stuff in time for stimulus checks (07 extension)and then it turned out the return was never sent.We have another cpa working on it now.

Upon hearing this, a long time friend and instruction client who sponsored many of my bike racing efforts,came to the rescue and helped me get to SES.And of course,I threw pride to the wind and accepted.

As you know,having clients who as genuinely interested in your success as you are in there's is one of the perks.Hope to meet you in the future.

FYI, for those with iPhones attending SES, I just found a cool app called iTrailmap. It has very good, high-res versions of the trail maps for the Aspen resorts (plus the rest of the US and much of Canada and Yurup too. Pretty cool for a free app. There's a paid version with 3d maps too, I haven't tried that yet.

sorry to hear that.I was hoping to shred with a fellow Idahoan....
Carvedog,

I'll have a drink for you as well!

See you next year!

Thanks Steve and CC. I still have two chances to hit the lottery before next week so....maybe.

If you are going to have a drink for me: gin and tonic, heavy on the gin with a triple squeeze of lime please.

Or Crown rocks.

:biggthump

FYI, for those with iPhones attending SES, I just found a cool app called iTrailmap. It has very good, high-res versions of the trail maps for the Aspen resorts (plus the rest of the US and much of Canada and Yurup too. Pretty cool for a free app. There's a paid version with 3d maps too, I haven't tried that yet.

Yeah man! Already loaded into my iPod Touch! :biggthump I even geeked out one step further and am bringing my Garmin eTrex GPS loaded with Mountain Dynamics' hi-res, detailed slope maps for the GPS. Double-:biggthump

Now I can drop a waypoint right in the middle of my favorite slopes and actually know which ones they were when I get home, LOL.

Scott

I tried to download and I get 'this app is not compatible with this iPhone' WTF?

I tried to download and I get 'this app is not compatible with this iPhone' WTF?

It worked for me on my 3G. Do you have a first gen? Maybe it only works if you have GPS? Dunno? :confused::confused:

I'll let you look at mine. And my snazzy Otterbox case that keeps my iPhone sorta dry.

JustK,

We'll look for you. Make sure to be there for early chair, 8am, on Friday. We get the goods before the public does. D.T., Big Mario and I will be there for Friday also.

Ink

The announcement from Fin:

We have "First Tracks" at Ajax on Monday the 9th and Friday the 13th. You NEED to be there BEFORE 8:00am. For those who don’t know "First Tracks" is where we are able to load the Gondola before the public at get one fresh run from the top of the hill. It will blow you mind…..and your quads.

Cool! Can't wait :) I'll definitely be there before 8am and will look for you guys.

jk

JustK,

We'll look for you. Make sure to be there for early chair, 8am, on Friday. We get the goods before the public does. D.T., Big Mario and I will be there for Friday also.

Ink

The announcement from Fin:

We have "First Tracks" at Ajax on Monday the 9th and Friday the 13th. You NEED to be there BEFORE 8:00am. For those who don’t know "First Tracks" is where we are able to load the Gondola before the public at get one fresh run from the top of the hill. It will blow you mind…..and your quads.

Anybody willing and able to meet me in about two hours outside in front of my condo? I'm staying at the Donek house in Aspen Glen which is near the Carbondale/Glenwood turn (right turn if you're heading to Aspen) - we're probably 30 min away.

I'm willing to give you an old banana in return or at least rail some carves with you on the steeps up in Aspen with the First Tracks group this morning.

I'd come on my own, but I don't think Sean would be happy to wake up at 9 today to find the van gone. And i have no idea what the bus system is like around here...

Now, a much larger dilemma: getting home later. Since I'm a hobo, I usually just hitch/carpool around the state - like for instance, I Greyhounded it here from Vail on Monday...but toting a load of alpine gear this time makes that difficult. Sean and Jenifer aren't leaving Carbondale till late morning Saturday. I need to be at Winter Park by 9am Saturday morning. Anyone leaving here after the banquet tonite or leaving here before 7am tomorrow?

Let me know on both accounts, fellow 'boot3rs. thanks!

okay that's all the schpiel. L0ve, p3ace, b3ats & 'b88ts!

~ian Donek 303/902/4778