Note to New Members ×

Thinking about selling my Coiler PJ 7

gus

Can't say how it will ride with hard boots as I have not tried it that way, but i did ride the 175 and 163 selecta's while I was at the freeride days in Davos this past january. I found the 175 to be a pretty snappy and fun board to ride. It has a surfy feel to it and transitioned well from groomed hard-pack to windblown crust to fresh powder. I like the way the 163 rides much more than a fish/malolo as it has a better flex for my style of riding. Keep in mind that my normal board is a tanker 200. I like it and would definitely get one if I rode in tight trees more often. Hope that helps.

cheers.

The photo is making it seem like its a big set back.. its not, for what ever reason it just looks like it.. I don't have the set back specs, Bruce does..

I know this, when I had him remake this board, I had him shift the insert pattern up a notch towards the nose, I like to ride over the center of the board and you can do that..

When I get time I lay down a tape measure and take a few pics so you can see where the inserts lie..

Shred

• 2 weeks later...

Gus,

i've ridden the Selecta for a few years and can offer some decent feedback about the board. i've been in deep and not-so deep powder bowls (w/ and w/o bumps) and in the same snow conditions through the trees. the board performs very well. it's quick and agile and floats easily. i got to try it out on some real steeps this year at Silverton in Co which was great.

I like being able to set up centered on the sidecut instead of a way set back stance. i generally am aggressive in moving the nose of the board into and driving the board throughout the turn with independent leg action and this flows w/ the set up and design qualities of the board. i can even carve some turns on the way back to the base on the groomers (not a stiff all mountain rig though mind you). i used to ride the O-sin 4807 way way back in the day and though there are some similar design aspects the boards perform differently. i couldn't carve w/ the 4807 as aggressively due to the ultra-soft, surf board shaped nose. the selecta is also more agile.

Bottom line is i would ride nothing else in powder if given the choice. it rips. I wish i had a few more, one for back up and one to put on the wall - the graphics are sick! Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jb

I give that board :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump. I rode it at the ECES-08, it was my first experience on a Coiler metal. I wasn't so sure I was going to like the wide waist but Shred kept telling that I'd love it and that edge to edge transition would feel more like a 19cm waist. I was shocked at how easy the thing was to turn, edge to edge was effortless. That board is soooo smooth and grips on ice. The pictures don't do it justice, it really is a great looking PJ replica.

This is another one of a kind Shred design.