Note to New Members ×

Winter's here!

BlueB

• 5 weeks later...

On my way from Mission to Vancouver, yesterday afternoon, I could see the following peaks had fresh snow:

Golden Ears - fair amount

Nebula Peak and Mt Judge Halloway (far side of Pitt lake) - plenty

Back ranges of Burke Mountain - traces

Back ranges of Grouse - traces

Nothing on Seymore and Cypress was too far to see and in clouds...

• 4 weeks later...

It cleared up after so many days of rain...

On my travel East, I observed Golden Ears without any snow left :( When there's none there, local peaks are certainly without any.

Long term forecast says that serious cold will come only the last week of November.

Resorts here in southern Vt are starting to open. Killington and Mt. Snow were open but had to close again (rain). Okemo (where I work) was going to open this saturday the 15th, but postponed a week (also rain). After the weekend temps are going to drop so I think next saturday is a sure thing.:biggthump

My Son and I were at the Lake on Tuesday - they have 1 of 139 runs open: "Wiwaxy", better known as The Wiwaxy 500. Oh well, Brad was on the Coiler and I was on the Virus dodging all the meat pylons...

You have progeny? There's a little Riceball running around out there? Are you bringing said progeny to SES? We'd have two teeny (as in teen) shredder carvers if Dave is bringing Billy again. I no longer fear for the next generation.

I am in Alaska Valdez it is dumping non stop now and there are 2 feet of powder with a decent base on the Thompson pass. There are no silly ski resorts around, no morons no skidders, no screaming children, no speed police no groomers, no nothing,no heli yet it is not on until January (too expensive anyway)

All chugach mountain are for me. These are the most beautifull mountains i have seen so pure.

I snowkite or if the wind is not good i just hike up. I have to tell you i don't miss all that resort crap.

post-2663-141842263837_thumb.jpg

post-2663-141842263839_thumb.jpg

You have progeny? There's a little Riceball running around out there? Are you bringing said progeny to SES? We'd have two teeny (as in teen) shredder carvers if Dave is bringing Billy again. I no longer fear for the next generation.

Yes, I'm yanking Riceball Jr. out of High School and bringing him down. Mrs. Riceball is coming also (... she really hates my old nickname). Brad is 17 and my Daughter Alaina is 19, but she can't get time out of College for SES. I am bringing her Cat-Boarding to Rossland, BC with me the weekend before though... she also has a full hard-boot setup :)