Note to New Members ×

OES March 5 - 8, 2009

SEJ

I'll be driving Tri-Cities to The Dalles wednesday evening and on to Bachelor thursday morning to join the fun. Friday I pick up my wife Karen at Redmond airport about 7:30, so I'd better get dinner on my own. I'll eat at the pub, though so I can visit with the early crowd. Count me in for thursday and both of us for saturday.

I'll have a vacant seat or two in the Outback thursday and friday. Staying at Mariott TownePlace (Century and Colorado). Get in touch if you could use a ride. fiveohnine-threesixsix-twelveeightysix and FRS 37-20.

Dennis

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks,

Just a few updates:

-Saturday night will be pizza rather than pizza + BBQ. Bonnie and I realized there is no way, no how we can efficiently BBQ for the number of people that have RSVPed. We'll have salad as well... BYOB. Saturday night's event goes from 6:00 - 9:00, Raffle is at 8:00.

-Weather is looking like clouds/light snow with cool temps. I was up there for a few runs this afternoon, the groomers held up quite well. Light snow is expected throughout the next week, but the warm early-week temps followed by cold during OES should mean nice firm groomies. In years past the actual weather has turned out better than the forecast - let's hope that pattern continues as I'm sure we would all love some sun. In the meantime, if you have low-light goggles you should probably bring them.

Folks, just a reminder that the specials are only available through the end of day tomorrow.

Details here.

Mike, to be clear, The Double your Days offer can be bought now and used throughout the rest of the season?

ONLINE ONLY DEAL (Purchase by March 2): Buy 2 days and get 2 more days FREE. Purchase a 2 of 3 multi-day ticket online and ride 4 consecutive days. Buy a 3 of 5 multi-day ticket and ride 7 consecutive days. Tickets purchased are valid through this season. On sale through March 2nd - then gone! The Hooky Days $29 offer is essentially no longer valid after next week / March 5th.

ONLINE ONLY DEAL (Purchase by March 2): Ride Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays for $29 when you purchase IN ADVANCE online. Purchase over the weekend Friday - Monday for the following Tuesday - Thursday period. Present ID at the ticket window. Quantities limited. On sale through March 2nd - then gone! BUY NOW!!! (Link will only allow purchase Fri-Mon). These will be valid thru March 5th folks - the following Tuesday through Thursday period.

So, basically only buy the Hooky days tickets if you will use them this coming week. The Double your Days are good now and throughout the rest of the season.

Is that a correct read on this?

PS, Print your receipt so you can present it at the window, you MUST have picture id with you. Don't be turned away over a technicality!!

Thanks again. Bryan

Bryan, My understanding is that:

-both Hooky Days and Double Your Days deals must be purchased by end of day Monday March 2 (and I'm not sure what that means - 5pm? midnight?)

-Hooky Days are only good through Thursday March 5 (Day 1 of OES)

-Double Your Days are good through end of season, the date of which is not yet determined

If anyone has any doubt as to my interpretation, please don't take my word for it - please call Mt Bachelor at 800-829-2442 and ask them directly. I contacted Mt Bachelor at info@mtbachelor.com in order to help one of the OES sponsors get the Double Your Days deal and the staff was very helpful.

Happy to !! I have a half dozen favs, however, I don't think I have ever had a dish I didn't love there!!!

Sesame Beef!!

Chow Fung Noodles with all Three Meats.

House Fried Rice.

Phonex and the Dragon. (SP)

Oh yea, vegetables are SO fresh I will even eat them :)

Just spoke to Chan , we are good for 12 people at 7PM , he says he has some excellent asparagus for us!!!! Everyone is certainly welcome to come.

Currently I could around a dozen, if you plan to come you might post up a number of those coming with you just so I can update Chan when I roll into town Tuesday afternoon. Man am I HUNGRY!!! :eplus2:

FYI, In the past the cost PER PERSON is typically only about 10-15$ for food (20$ if we go big!!!) . Drinks add allot but still very reasonable.

post-198-141842276767_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842276768_thumb.jpg

So far, those going to Chan's Dinner Tuesday night.

12 and growing.

Tim and Cassi

Buster x (2)

Buell and Rebecca

Hugh

Jim

Ron

Bryan

Shane and wife.

I am pretty sure I am forgetting a few.

Hopefully we can add:

Galens crew (x5)?

Greg and family?

Doug D and Carol

See ya all there.

Lurkers, come and join, you will be glad you did!!:biggthump

So, for those looking for cheap rooms in Bend? Checked six in the last hour, all around 33$ per night including taxes. Keep in mind these are "Low End" The last one, well, that is where I am staying the night. Total for three nights prepaid? 105$ total!! It has been remodeled and comes with small fridge and micro. Back right up to the door, one floor only (no one clomping around upstairs) High speed wi-fi, nice new tv with cable. Desk with chairs, fresh paint, carpet and furnishings.

Not bad in my book!!

And walking distance from Chan's!! (South end of Bend, closer to the moutain)

Bryan

Those look for inexpensive places to stay? There are at least 6 motels in the area of this one. They are at the south end of Bend (towards Sun River) , making it easy to head off to the moutain in the am. At least two good coffee drives ups within a couple blocks.

Where I stayed last.

Cascade Lodge

420 SE Third St.

Bend, OR 97702

1-800-852-6031

1-541-382-2612

Ask for "Bobbi", Tell him Bryan the snowboarder sent you.

They have AAA discount or just name a company and ask for commercial rate.

I paid 105$ for three nights / single.

They have coffee and rolls in the office around 7 or 7:30 am.

Bryan

What about me? :(

I thought I was invited.

Oh well, I guess NO SOUP FOR ME!

Oh BTW, packing all of my junk is turning into a real PITA tonight!

See all soon!

Cheers,

-T

:1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

Showing you the love "Coos Bay Style" Baby!!

Sorry Tim, OF COURSE YOU ARE INVITED!!

Memory issues.

Yep, need to get off the computer and finish packing my stuff too!!

People from other parts of the country already showing up:biggthump. 2-4" on the grooms with more in the hollows. Looks to be about the same tomorrow, then a little less snow and cooler each day until sunday. Bachelor weather at base level:http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.00170567699189&lon=-121.66534423828125&site=pdt&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

One more day, I can't wait to see everyone!!!

I bought two cases of beer today. I think I will keep them until the party at Mike's on Sat. and bring them over to share that night.

My friend also gave me two Buckbean shirts to add as raffle prizes.

I think I'm going to have to bring up a cooler of beer from my friends new brewery that just opened last year!

http://www.buckbeanbeer.com/

Got a text from Hugh a little bit ago saying they've been running into some white stuff already on the way up. They left from the Bay Area this morning and were heading straight up. Bout a 9 hour drive.

I'll be leaving around 6-6:30 and showing up in the am. Can't wait to meet up with everyone tomorrow (maybe only a half day for me) for some turns.

Hey all,

Just found out a 20 year old snowboarder died at my home mountain last week. She was slightly off run with her brother when they were separated. When found she was face down in a tree well and could not be resuscitated.

Lets be careful!!! Especially if we're lucky enough to have some serious pow days.

Yep, there is some weather. It's sunny at my house in Bend right now but has also been wet sloppy heavy snow at times. For those driving, please be careful on the way up. If you're coming from Reno, 395 to 31 might be advisable over 139 to 97. (It's faster anyway, but not as many places to stop along the way...)

Temps are currently in the high teens, with 1-3" expected overnight and another 1-3" expected tomorrow. I hope to be in the parking lot before 8am. Red Outback with a large Yakima box on top. Wanna "try before you buy" on the Coiler PR196 I have for sale in the classifieds? Come see me early! Not your style? Come see me anyways ;)

Oh, and I will have clipboards, blank forms and pens too.

Chan's was wonderful and the food was as great as we remembered from last year! It was great to see old friends again and meet some new ones!

enjoying some Mirror Pond Ale and can't wait till tomorrow!

My friends at Lake Tahoe reported 40+ inches of snow since Tues :eek: :eek: :eek: so it looks like this storm is dumping some freshies everywhere!

see you guys tomorrow AM! we'll be rolling in on the easy plan for Day 0... ;) gotta let the Mirror Pond do its work after that long drive heh