Note to New Members ×

Silly Canadians...

ncermak

So I was up in Montreal this past weekend, and began wondering: Just what is it that you remember. (For thos of you who don;t know, the quebec license plate bears the motto: Je Me Souviens (translated - I remember).

Turns out only one of the multiple people I surveyed was even close.So before I propose to the canadian parliment a change (perhaps Je Ne Souviens Merde?) I thought I'd ask if anyone here remembers (especially you silly canadians)

it's actually pretty complitcated... to a lot of people there is some policital content to that phrase to others there isn't. From historical understanding, the phrase was first brought up a long long time ago it was placed just at the entrance of the National Assembly in Quebec city by the architecs to remember Quebec's history. It was then put on the liscence plates in the 70's to replace "la Belle Province" AKA the beautifull province.

But many people will tell you they remember different things and if you look at different books you'll find different information.

Confusing isn't it.

I sure wish we could have something simple as "LIFE FREE OR DIE" no confusion there !

Well, I remember on a trip to Canada, I sat in Ottawa near the parliament building with a pair of binoculars looking across the water at "All those funky pseudo-frenchies" and I, in fact, do remember being curious as to what the slogan on the plates read, as did my grandparents, who were surprised at their self-lack of remembrance of what the slogan read.

After that point, I made a game of trying to read a plate, and I remember reading those words, yet at that point in time, I remember not remembering any French I had learned or remembered from my dad and brother speaking.

So the answer is, leave the plate alone, because I do remember.

:freak3:

noooooooooooooooo noooooooooooooooo noooooooooooooooo noooooooooooooooo

LOL catz have invaded BOL, this is a sad sad day both for the english language and for our general well being. The apocalypse is upon us people.

ernie-bert-wtf.jpg

I don't know how it compares, but I spent some time in the soo, ontario (I was 19, so we went over there drinkin). There were definitely hotties. Oh man, we went to this club and there was this fine blond bartending... We ordered some beers, she pulled them out of the cooler, then she pulled a bottle opener out of her cleavage... I'll tell you what... She was attractive to say the least...

When it comes down to Quebec history, I'm sure wikipedia is the textbook of choice in classrooms nowadays... must by why kids are so confused ! ;)

Quickest reference when reading forums, too lazy to find an accurate one.