Note to New Members ×

Barfoot

photodad2001

My momma always said "If you don't know what you're talking about, STFU"

maybe trade in the sector 9 for a barf out longboard:flamethro :rolleyes:

http://www.barfoot.com/

.....ssssssssssssssst......

There's a guy up in canada, eh ? he makes these really sweet boards, eh.

But,

they're like $600 US, eh ? Maybe you should check 'em out......eh ?:smashfrea

... Phil: Does Ken know where Dave is now? You can also tell Schwarty if you see him that he needs to get back on a Noboard (and that he's a fa...)

Locations: as above.

Noboard: I'll tell him that, although he;s bigger than me so the second bit maybe I'll leave out.

NoBoard: I had a go this year but that's one board which I don't think my beloved hard boots work on. I'm tempted to get one though, so I can learn something new on our dry (plastic) slopes here.

When you account for inflation and the sinking dollar, I'll say goodluck; Maybe Chuck has a sweat shop factory in Santa Barbara:smashfrea.

Anyway, he has been busy building something like this picture. He also built Radcliffe's surf board and help out a few longboard manufacturers.

Bola

http://www.allboardssports.com

1-303-415-1600

I know the price of current boards. The House has plenty to choose from for under $400. Here's Burton's site,http://www.burton.com/Gear/Default.aspx#/mens/boards/matrix/boardMatrix.swf/, the Air was $399 and the majority of their line up is under $600 this year with plenty of less expensive models to choose from as well. I don't think Barfoots will go for more.

That's a sweet looking longboard! How wide is it?:eek:

I know the price of current boards. The House has plenty to choose from for under $400. Here's Burton's site,http://www.burton.com/Gear/Default.aspx#/mens/boards/matrix/boardMatrix.swf/, the Air was $399 and the majority of their line up is under $600 this year with plenty of less expensive models to choose from as well. I don't think Barfoots will go for more.

That's a sweet looking longboard! How wide is it?:eek:

burton is huge, they can crank out boards probably with half the labor of a small builder and probably gets insane deals on materials because of the amounts the they buy

burton is huge, they can crank out boards probably with half the labor of a small builder and probably gets insane deals on materials because of the amounts the they buy

Burton has some of the most expensive boards for what other companies sell for substancialy less. I'm not new to this. But if Barfoot comes out with an awesome freeride board it's not going to go for more than Burton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dYpnd_9TFs

what burtons are we talking here?

one thing burton can claim is that their boards are usually a decent value, for the same price as titanal alpine deck from coiler or prior from burton you get a titanal honey comb deck that is super light. the closest competition to that is the palmer boards made paper/nomex honeycomb which are also great but very different boards.

mind you these boards don't cost all that much more than a tanker...........

The Donek Pilot is cheap ($375), and Donek is a small company, so they probably don't get huge discounts for buying in bulk.

Just thought I'd bring it up...:lurk:

and it's also made much cheaper than the other doneks.........

But it is still made. So theoretically Barfoots could be made this cheap, too. I highly doubt Donek is making these if they are not making a profit on them. As for it being made "cheaper" than other Doneks, its quality is still at least good enough and possibly high quality. I have ridden one, and it did not break or get damaged, and I have never heard of anyone else breaking one on BOL, so in my books it is made good enough.:boxing_sm

If Barfoot is going to make boards again they will be freeride boards more than likely. They won't have the same cost of construction as a high performance carving board. I'd estimate they'll be right around the price of a Burton middle, maybe upper middle price range. $499-$599ish. I couldn't see them going for the cost of a Vapor or T6. I really liked the Stealth model I had. Stiffer than other freeride boards, very quick upturn and low profile in the nose and tail, a 24.5 waist, it was a fairly good soft set-up carver, just with I would have had one of the longer ones. I had the 158.

600 is right in there with titanal, my most recent coiler cost 680 before shipping

there's quite a bit to be said for doing good work and that's the difference with say coiler or never summer to most other companies both are very well made, burton of the mega companies does well with this too. some of their materials do get switched around though sometimes so you'll often find the same model of board in the same year being a little softer or stiffer than one coming from another factory or cosmetic differences because they used a different clear coat or something.

Burton is not a barometer for custom snowboard companies. There are many custom freeride boards over $1000.00 mind you and these board will run circles around the top notch Burtons; so stop being cheap and stop advocating it.

Why wouldn't I use a company who was equally priced to Barfoots when they were made before? The past Barfoots were reasonably priced, why wouldn't future boards? My logic is totally sound and backed by history. Don't blame me if they aren't more expensive, I can see you'll really be disappointed if they aren't. Guess average people will be riding the same board.

• 2 weeks later...

anybody got pics of any of the prototypes? Bola? would love to see them or get some specs for the new boards...I am looking forward to the return of one of the legends of snowboarding along with another company to offer a good product to freeride and freecarve with as there just are not many who tailor to us anymore. Pray for snow and I can't wait for next season.