Note to New Members ×

The lunchtray is back???

Jack M

ROSSIGNOL 121 THE MINI.

GNU this year made what they call a "JIB STICK" and is shown in the pic above.

I have been rocking out on a mini since 05. I had a one of fifty prototype pre-production THE MINI that I got from the rozzi rep, and it was stolen actualy this past month from an employee locker at Jiminy peak.

I was upset, peeved, and all, but the kid who lost it said he would pay for a new one. I actualy did manage to get one off e-bay amazingly with the "limited" Matte Black on White deck, so while it is not exactly my board, it is "the same".

Rossignol_TheMini_x.jpg

l_34c3f97a695cc865535a650b2b866230.jpg

l_8294a52c55dbdd1185554cbb347076be.jpg

I was lolling and thinking how funny it would be to mount plates on it :D

I may do it just as a gag photo

Let me put it this way:

You can rail on it like a freight train, and also butter-it like olestra fried 'tater chips.

Its a complete blast! You need to be mindfull of you C.O.G. while riding it, but it really holds edge nicely and is a suprisingly stiff ride (not sure if the GNU is the same). Jumping........ well, depending on how big you go, it can be very VERY sketchy and a tad neve wracking when it comes time to land it of you are not SPOT ON with your orientation and landing.

I can ride crud, chop, groom, ice, Boilerplate, and slush equaly. It is awesome on the steeps, and carve, keep up with the racers, do tricks, snap 180's and do fakies in mid air, manuals both nose and tail, whips, stalefish, butters, rails, pipes, boxes, and in the bumps? pffftttttth! man in the bumps its magical......

But a hardbooter wouldn't be caught dead on one or in softboots to try it and realise the love for it in its odd nature :)

Seriously if you get a chance to demo one, do it,

Comperable to the pure bliss of a 7 year old in a candystore with a Visa Gold card!

Sheesh, a 6000 m sidecut? It's fairly wide too.

<table class="Style26" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="445"><tbody><tr><td width="125">Size</td> <td width="40">132</td> <td width="40">

</td> <td width="40">

</td> <td width="40">

</td> <td width="40">

</td> <td width="40">

</td> <td width="40">

</td> <td width="40">

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Nose lenght </td> <td>235</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Contact lenght </td> <td>850</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tail Lenght </td> <td>235</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Radius</td> <td>6000</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Waist</td> <td>256</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Waist Tail </td> <td>284</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Waist Nose </td> <td>284</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Numb of Inserts </td> <td>0</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Set Back </td> <td>20</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Rider'sWeight KG </td> <td>55-85</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Flex</td> <td>MEDIUM</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Going to have to give it a shot!!!

Which one? Does it make any difference?

Rossignol The MINI Grip 121

Rossignol The MINI Grip 123

Gnu Nome Ak Snowboard 121cm

Gnu K Rove Snowboard 125cm

Thanks

--

David

This is what convince me: Given that it's not a April Fool joke

Let me put it this way:

You can rail on it like a freight train, and also butter-it like olestra fried 'tater chips.

Its a complete blast! You need to be mindfull of you C.O.G. while riding it, but it really holds edge nicely and is a suprisingly stiff ride (not sure if the GNU is the same). Jumping........ well, depending on how big you go, it can be very VERY sketchy and a tad neve wracking when it comes time to land it of you are not SPOT ON with your orientation and landing.

I can ride crud, chop, groom, ice, Boilerplate, and slush equaly. It is awesome on the steeps, and carve, keep up with the racers, do tricks, snap 180's and do fakies in mid air, manuals both nose and tail, whips, stalefish, butters, rails, pipes, boxes, and in the bumps? pffftttttth! man in the bumps its magical......

But a hardbooter wouldn't be caught dead on one or in softboots to try it and realise the love for it in its odd nature :)

Seriously if you get a chance to demo one, do it,

Comperable to the pure bliss of a 7 year old in a candystore with a Visa Gold card!

I dont think it will be wise to try with plates, This may be the one place/ time that wa just have to conceed that soft boots are what this is designed for.

If all else fails, we can throw plates on it, and lie to ourselves that it's great.

That's pretty much a good way to live. Lie to yourself until everything works out.

Pow4ever, you get one, you won't regret it.

I PROMISE !

KingC, yeah, but I don't think the same would work for us with straping hardboots to a wakeboard :p

" Bob ? You drownding"? no, no,,, I'm just building my leg strength treading water with 20 pound weights on my feet......

After reading all this shorty stuff and how plates should not be used,I'm going to have to borrow my 4 year old's Atomic 104 with it's narrow little waist and 80 cm edge and try it on the bunnyhill with plates.If it works there I'll do Nastar and go for platinum!

BTW it's still April 1 in the Pacfic time zone.

A boarder saw a couple of alpine riders one day and wanted to learn how to do that. He signed up for a lesson at Jiminy Peak and wound up with one of the alpine riders as his instructor, Mr Espi.

Dave here proceeds to turn him from full on skidder to softboot carver in one run, taught on his mini!:biggthump You could almost see the lucky boarder's boots get harder and his tail square off when Espi was through with him.