How much do you make a year?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you make a year?

• less than 30,000
    • 30,000 to 50,000
    • 50,000 to 100,000
    • 100,000 to 150,000
    • over 150,000 I change my boards like I change my underwear

I'm an engineer. I own 4 boards technically. 1 is retired after 10 years. Another is the same vintage as the first (nearly the same board even) and I inherited it from my dad. Then the next two are used carving boards; gs and sl.

I did adjust my priorities a bit to get a trip to Steamboat in Feb, but my priority right now is feeding me and my dog and buying a house with some land so I can move out of my brother's house. He's getting married this saturday.

you realize that where I live, $150k/yr is poverty level...

edit: 2k, baby! Woo-hoo!

True, there is a huge gap in the cost of living between Tipp City Ohio and Los Angeles California. However, the cost of snowboard equipment is the same across the "board". I made a pun! Someone making 200,000 living in Cali may live in a similar house and drive a similar car as someone in the mid-west making 75,000, but dropping a couple grand on a completely custom made board with top of the line Catex would take less saving time for the one making 200,000.

I think I may do a couple more of these to get a better sense of the bol population as a whole.

i think money spent on snowboarding has less to do with income and more to with your life situation and priorities.

I was going to do a follow up poll for single, married, children, how many, etc. Maybe even one on education, region, etc. to get a good idea of the population on the board. Just can't get all that info in one poll.

At this point, we might want to do a proper survey using Survey Monkey or something similar, not a poll. That would let us create cross-tabs (i.e., # of snowboards owned vs. # of kids in household, etc.) and so on. I think Survey Monkey gives you 10 questions with up to 100 respondents for free - what should those 10 questions be?

Something like:

1) Age

2) Income

3) Gender

4) marital status

5) # of snowboards

6) # of bindings

7) # of second board kits

8) # of days riding per year

9) State of residence (maybe city instead?)

10) ???

country maybe but i go out of state every time i go.

I guess I meant "going somewhere significantly further than your home mountain range." As in, go to Colorado or Utah to get better conditions even though Tahoe is only a few hours drive away.

At this point, we might want to do a proper survey using Survey Monkey or something similar, not a poll. That would let us create cross-tabs (i.e., # of snowboards owned vs. # of kids in household, etc.) and so on. I think Survey Monkey gives you 10 questions with up to 100 respondents for free - what should those 10 questions be?

Something like:

1) Age

2) Income

3) Gender

4) marital status

5) # of snowboards

6) # of bindings

7) # of second board kits

8) # of days riding per year

9) State of residence (maybe city instead?)

10) ???

Dan, How about 11)Number of working hours lost per week due to reading BomberOnLine Forum Posts

:biggthump

Maybe average cost of living or something to that effect. Compare incomes as a percentage of the cost of living of the surrounding area.

Is there a place I can find that out? Is there an economic term for that? I know that housing, gas, food, and even stuff you get at the drugstore like toothpaste or whatever is more expensive here than elsewhere, but it would be interesting to find the googlemaps mashup that shows that the Bay Area is roughly 2x as expensive or 5x or whatever it is, compared to, say, Valdosta, GA.

--

Ken

you realize that where I live, $150k/yr is poverty level...

edit: 2k, baby! Woo-hoo!

Yes, you live in the land of "million dollar fixer-uppers"....

And, as client 10, you would still be employed!

Hey, I still have 3 snowboards and I don't ride anymore, does that count?

woo-hoo, NM this Thursday!

Anybody want a Taos teeshirt?

thirty grand but have tried and owned/sold quite a few boards in just the last year.The rub is that the most that I paid for one board was 425.00.Some of the rest were almost free after selling off the bindings.I learned a lot about shape and flex of carve specific boards for a low income rider. I learned enough to know that custom is where it's at regardless of your income level.I still think that cheap used boards are the way to go for trying out many options before getting a full custom. I know what I want now.