Note to New Members ×

How many feet have you ridden this year?

Fastskiguy

How many vertical feet did you ride this season?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How many vertical feet did you ride this season?

• 100,000-200,000
    • 200,000-300,000
    • 300,000-400,000
    • 400,000-600,000
    • 600,000-1,000,000
    • 1,000,000-1,500,000
    • surely, nobody over 1,500,000???

Ended up with 36 days on the snow, 515000 feet so it was my best season in a long time-didn't get on the skis even once so maybe my handle should be "ex-fastskiguy" or something LOL! Shortest day was 1k feet, biggest was 29k, average was right around 14.3k. Special thanks to the guys who gave me all of the tips this year, both online and in "real life", I *really* appreciate it :)

post-3210-141842254414_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Trailertrash's "how many days" poll reminded me to vote in this one. I know I am over a million but won't reach 1.5 million for the year :cool: My "big day" this year was a little over 45k, this past Sunday in softies. Felt like I was good for another 20k if only Bachelor had night skiing. No way I get 45k carving without seriously hurting.

Ended with 38 days and just under a half a million feet. We had two hardbooters over 2 million feet with Johnasmo at 3.4 million for the year.:biggthump

3.4 million in one year, man, I'd have to go ski/snowboard/alpine/tele to keep the body going that much. But I'd love it....

Finally a thread where being a computer geek (trade) and a snowboarder (passion) come together perfectly. Big Mountain (Whitefish Mountain Resort) tracks vertical using pass scanning data from each lift, so it's easy for those of us riding here to know our Big Mountain totals. A list of the top 800 pass holders is here http://www.bigmtn.com/?a=bigvert/fantasy.

However, being a computer geek, I do my own tracking and I know not only how much vertical I've ridden, but how much was done on each of my boards and how much was done each day I rode. Go ahead, make fun, but remember that someone else started this thread...

Seventy five people here did over 1,000,000, so that's pretty passe. Big Mountain is now closed, but I logged a verifiable 104 days and 3,227,454 feet. Including other resorts and days skinning up on my split board, I'm actually at 114 days on snow so far and closer to 3.4 million feet.

I do all my board tracking in terms of 2088 foot runs (chair 1 at Big Mountain). It's pretty easy to get 20 to 25 runs in a full day at Big Mountain, but breaking 30 pretty much requires a full day plus night skiing (Friday and Saturday nights only). Having a day job, my weekday riding was compromised, but I still averaged almost 15 runs a day. I had 3 days over 30 runs, 8 days over 25, and 23 over 20 (weekends no doubt). My biggest day this year was 79K over 11 hours of riding. This is verifiable through the resort's lift scan data. Last year I had a 89K day, but their day and night hours of operation were longer then. 100K might be possible at Big Mountain, but it would take not only stamina, but exceptional luck at the lifts -- no lines and no stops all day; doubtful.

Almost exactly 1/3 of my riding (still over 1,000,000 vertical) was carving groomers on alpine gear with hardboots; the rest was soft booting, which I prefer for powder and trees.

Living the dream in Montana... I moved to the mountains a couple years ago from Minnesota precisely so that I could ride as much as possible, so that's exactly what I'm doing. If you want 100+ days, but aren't getting it, consider relocation!

post-1861-141842256056_thumb.jpg

post-1861-141842256057_thumb.jpg

Finally a thread where being a computer geek (trade) and a snowboarder (passion) come together perfectly. Big Mountain (Whitefish Mountain Resort) tracks vertical using pass scanning data from each lift, so it's easy for those of us riding here to know our Big Mountain totals. A list of the top 800 pass holders is here http://www.bigmtn.com/?a=bigvert/fantasy.

However, being a computer geek, I do my own tracking and I know not only how much vertical I've ridden, but how much was done on each of my boards and how much was done each day I rode. Go ahead, make fun, but remember that someone else started this thread...

Seventy five people here did over 1,000,000, so that's pretty passe. Big Mountain is now closed, but I logged a verifiable 104 days and 3,227,454 feet. Including other resorts and days skinning up on my split board, I'm actually at 114 days on snow so far and closer to 3.4 million feet.

I do all my board tracking in terms of 2088 foot runs (chair 1 at Big Mountain). It's pretty easy to get 20 to 25 runs in a full day at Big Mountain, but breaking 30 pretty much requires a full day plus night skiing (Friday and Saturday nights only). Having a day job, my weekday riding was compromised, but I still averaged almost 15 runs a day. I had 3 days over 30 runs, 8 days over 25, and 23 over 20 (weekends no doubt). My biggest day this year was 79K over 11 hours of riding. This is verifiable through the resort's lift scan data. Last year I had a 89K day, but their day and night hours of operation were longer then. 100K might be possible at Big Mountain, but it would take not only stamina, but exceptional luck at the lifts -- no lines and no stops all day; doubtful.

Almost exactly 1/3 of my riding (still over 1,000,000 vertical) was carving groomers on alpine gear with hardboots; the rest was soft booting, which I prefer for powder and trees.

Living the dream in Montana... I moved to the mountains a couple years ago from Minnesota precisely so that I could ride as much as possible, so that's exactly what I'm doing. If you want 100+ days, but aren't getting it, consider relocation!

How is this possible? You only have 24 posts in the last 3 years!:lol: Living the dream, indeed! Way to go!:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

On a low speed lift, its pretty easy to beat the chair down. I've never checked it on a high-speed lift. Any idea how long a ride is on the Warm Springs Lift? Are the runs served by this lift conducive to straightlining?

The lift ride is fast. My best downhill time in a closed course was 2 min 39 seconds. But Mellow is far from it so I don't doubt his numbers at all.

Long fast and smooth as butter right now. It has actually been the fastest and smoothest of all season the last two weeks.

I have 50 days and at 10K per day would 500K. Some days were far more. Not many were less even when teaching. So could be close to the 1,000K mark for me. But the quality is what I wait for. Seeing herds of people skiing together. Safety in numbers right? I wait, I wait, the bubble forms. I go like the scalded banshee. :biggthump