Note to New Members ×

Burton Museum

bumpyride

I would gather you all are correct that it is off.

What year was it with the huge lettering "AIR" lenghtwise on the board? That was my first board I owned.

If I am not mistaken, that was a 1990. It was the same year as the Craig Kelly Mistery Air that was yellow, red, orange and black. The CK M. Air was correctly put in the 1990 category, but the regular "Air" that you are talking about is not there. Instead there is a (I believe) '91.

Misinformation aside, that is a fun site.

That's a pretty cool resource. I figured out that my Alp is a '97 model. I thought it was older.

It was also cool to see some of the other boards that I used to ride -- namely the '92 Asym Air and the '95 Asym Alp. The Asym Alp was my first hardboot rig (with step-in race plates), but on the Asym Air I used a Kemper hybrid boot with a hard shell on the bottom, lace top, and 3-strap bindings cranked down tight. Even then I liked a pretty stiff setup so the transition to hardboots was easy.

the first mistry air was blak with the rigth mistry air on the tail and one big B on the top rigth color viollet "i stll have and i remenber the catalog eu version because mmybe is different of us show the board but one wood casset with the write mistery.

guys i begen at snowbording in the 82 you with this stuff make me feel so young

The only issue I have is that Jesus was certainly not goofy, so I challenge the accuracy of your illustration. ;):eplus2:

I don't know, "Right" foot forward? Plus Jesus wasn't a go with the flow, do what everyone else was doing type of guy, more of a against the grain really. I ride regular myself so I'm not trying to put myself in the same catagory, just using what I know and applying it to make the best educated guess. Binding angles probably 77 front 77 rear. Of course back then they would have had brass instead of steel bindings, and the leather strap boots would have had a lot less support.

I don't know, "Right" foot forward? Plus Jesus wasn't a go with the flow, do what everyone else was doing type of guy, more of a against the grain really. I ride regular myself so I'm not trying to put myself in the same catagory, just using what I know and applying it to make the best educated guess. Binding angles probably 77 front 77 rear. Of course back then they would have had brass instead of steel bindings, and the leather strap boots would have had a lot less support.

If he was a not go with the flow kind of guy do you think he would have been on a Burton? Not sure he would even need binders however. Keeping a board close to your feet must be a cinch after walking on water or parting the Red Sea. :biggthump

...Is what those jackoffs did with their alpine line in '03.

can't find a pic of the black Burton Speed with the blood splatter graphix.....:freak3:

anyone got one ?

spill the blood !

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpJpna7ZT5g&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpJpna7ZT5g&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>