Note to New Members ×

Hybrid Bomber/EC carve!

Jack M

:) Would be REALLY interesting the see the frontside version

well here's something... not my best, but the best toeside photo sequence of me of the day. good cross-through example though. Conditions weren't great - rain re-frozen loose granular. And Bob was usually set up on the side of the trail that got better heelside shots. Wish he had been shooting faster than 3fps too. And the sun was in my eyes, and...

jm_sequence2.jpg

I like the illustration of cross-through here - from shots 1 to 2 I'm starting a cross-over move, and from 2 to 3 I change edges with a cross-under move. You can see in shots 2 and 3 that my center of mass is basically in the same place (notice the tree) but the board has moved uphill.

Jack,

What is that stuff up in the sky that's blue and what are those long darker lines across the face of the slope. OH, it's clear skies and shadows from the sun. We have not been seeing that thing too much this season, but then again I love riding in flat light.

Then you go on to mention the cross over/ under, I read and read but my head still cant envision what the heck it is. Maybe you can show me in person at ECES what the difference is.

Here in PA this season, we dont have options on how we ride, it has been survival mode riding. JBS keeps telling me it'll only make us better for those hero days, but this season has been silly.

CANT WAIT FOR STOWE!!!!!!! Hope to get a spin on a couple demos.

Ok I suck at this kind of stuff, but isn't cross under, then pushing off in the turn used to generate forward motion/speed on a skate board on the flat? If so, why wouldn't it generate the same thing on a snowboard? I probably have it all wrong...

By the way, love your quiet arms and nice pics!:biggthump

first of all it's cool to see experiments and development of "new forms"... and doubly cool to see photos!!!

next... Do I see your knees together at the transition out of the backside? ;) It looks actually rather nice enabling you to keep a compact body position yet allowing for a change in body position to toe side...

question... I can't really see it in the photos but are you pushing out at the apex on your toeside?... It might be fun to experiment with some extension at that point as well though it might be hard with the steep binding angles but I guess you'd have to try to push your weight forward over your boot cuffs to keep your edge.

The turn looks like a lot of fun... with some room to play as well:biggthump