Note to New Members ×

Has anybody rode at Loon Mountain in NH.?

Noah

Rode there years ago with a bunch of racer bump skier types. Buttheads had me on a ripper through the trees about a cat and a half wide going blazingly fast. Hairping came up when I was mid turn going the other way. I flew off the trail ended up upside down with the edge of my board stuck in a tree. Bring a short board!!!

Think Snow

I've ridden there a couple of times (but not for 5 years). For me it was an alright carving hill. Head over to Walking Boss and Flume. Both were groomed during my visits and were WIDE, relatively steep, and even had some rollers.

I think the trail that Snowman refers to is call Speakeasy but I'm not certain. I loved that trail! Tight, lots of turns, rollers and the occasional steeper section. Short board? Not really necessary, just one that you can turn in close quarters.

If I'm not mistaken, KenB rides this hill on a regular basis.

Loon has some of the best carving terrain in NH and it doesn't require a short board. There is a small crew of us there on weekends and a couple of folks who hit it midweek. Nice steeps on Flume, Walking Boss, and Angel Street. West Basin has some good intermediate cruisers.

There is a Loon thread in the NH ride board. Drop us a note.

KenB

yeah, Noah...Loon is legit. Dano and I had a rippin session there last spring, on a sunny friday. I've been meaning to ride with Team 32 or whatever they call it, JD and his crew. Great feedback from Gleb about railing with those guys. I put up a vid clip of Gleb at Loon. I be in touch and get together for some more turns. Maybe take a bus to Stowe on saturday with BSSC and be back for the game at 8.

Are they grooming Angel Street now???? it's been 20 years since I've dropped in there and it wasn't groomed :eek: I hadn't realized that lower Flying Fox is the trauma park now....what a waste but then if they all stay there there are other trails of similar quality :rolleyes:

I always ride there late in the season in spring conditions. Never been there midseason, but from what I have been on, I personaly feel more comfortable being in my soft boots and gear rather than a carver.

Its a great mountain though and I have a blast when I go. The park is SIIKKKKKKKK ! :1luvu:

noah,

loon is one of your best bets if your going to be in the live free or die hard state! the only other place i.m.o that has better terrain is cannon, but you have to hit cannon just right! the north peak quad has some good terrain and its pretty wide. they usually groom about 80% of the north peak area. the east basin double has a couple of great runs. my favorite angel street is always groomed and never crowded. its tight, but its been done plenty of times on 195+ cm board! another good area is the west basin. there are 3 wide intermediate groomers with decent pitch and some rollers on that side. DONT, go over to the new south peak just yet, with only 30% of its terrain open, go figure they only opened up the easiest way down. if your there on the weekend get out early and try to hang out at the east basin chair. mid-week is always good. if you happen to work up a thirst and feel the need for a bud-lightning, go to the paul bunyan and put them on wisdoms tab! i think that place opens at 10am? and guy, the paak is wicked pissa!!