Note to New Members ×

Kessler 162 Slalom Board

SpeedracerJVB

This is a brand new Kessler, length 162, Waiste 202mm, Sidecut 11m. This board has standard inserts (4 hole). It is still in the plastic and hasn't been touched. I just recieved this board yesterday, I am selling it because I am sticking with my F2 for Slalom. Someone is going to be a very happy camper cause if you want a new Kessler you're going to be put on a not so short wait list, you will be lucky to get a board by spring. This board is ready rock and ready to be shipped. Retail is 1'490 CHF/ $1320 USA + 140 CHF/ $124 USA Shipping. I will sell it for $1150 + shipping unless you want to come pick it up, I'm in Park City. Any questions please feel free to email me at speedracerjvb@yahoo.com.

post-3059-141842243309_thumb.jpg

post-3059-141842243312_thumb.jpg

post-3059-141842243314_thumb.jpg

Text, if you merely wanted to know what made this board special perhaps it would have been a little more productive to simply ask, hey, what makes this board special. Just saying... but it doesn't sound like you are interested anyway so why say anything?

Flounder, not sure what you are referring to when you say "see Bordy, this is when racers *aren't* people too" or what relevance that has to the board that i'm trying to sell here.

Neil, all Kesslers are not in fact custom ie. the boards that are being sent to Catek are not for any specific rider/weight/foot size etc... my Kessler was built custom for me which is not to say that it will benefit or make sense for someone who is not built like me for those who might find is necessary to comment. I am 180 lbs, size 27 boot and I am a racer so it's built for racing.

Tool Can, no clue what you are talking about, not sure if you know what you are talking about.

In general I am sort of at a loss as to why any one would comment on this sale if you are not involved or interested. This is why I and most racers I know stay away from these forums. Too many people with way, way, way too much time on their hands throwing around odd opinions without any basis. If you don't want this board, if no one wants this board, it's really fine but I am not interested in any of your opinions or comments so please go to the general forum and harrass someone else. If someone is genuinely interested, this is a custom board and I have adjusted the price so it's in fact LESS than the board that is being sold on Catek. Peace out.

For those who have offerred to contribute to this sale constructively and positively, thank you, you make this site and this sport a better place, for those of you who seem to have nothing better to do with your lives but tough talk people from behind your computer, well, your life sucks, you're lame and i'm sincerely sorry for you. I didn't check w Fin because he doesn't sell Kessler so I didn't think that he would have an issue with it. I appreciate Fin and his service and contributions to this wacky industry. I would not cross him nor put something on here that would intentionally cause conflict. I'd venture to say that Kessler custom race stock does not present a conflict? And for those of you who went out of your way to bring this to Fins' attention in order to create conflict, seriously, stop being so ****ing lame. If you want to police something so badly I suggest that you be a man and stop hiding behind your little computer screen, go join your local Neighbor Hood Watch Program or the ****ing PTA, find a hobby, learn how to snowboard, do something with your life, anything but stop harrassing people on here. peace out.

Thanks for your input Alexa, couldn't have imagined that all this would result from my trying to sell a snowboard. I am actually undecided, I keep going back and forth between my F2's and my Kesslers. I have two other Kessler SL boards with plates which is why i'm letting this one go, it has standard inserts. But I appreciate your point and inevitably I will prolly end up on Kessler for SL, just have to make the adjustment. Happy Holidays, see you in January.

I'm interested in helping people who actually contribute to this community avoid overpaying.

If people are truley involed in this community they know what a kessler is worth.

The Catek boards are not the same as the board being offered. Its a shame My friend changed the price. I would have stuck to my guns.

PS this guy has done more for alpine then most posters on this board. Why do you think of some one doesn't post on BOL they are not in the sport..... Perhaps you could have reworded your statement to.

"I'm interested in not being educated enough to really considered a full race stock snowboard and the fact that they cost a ton! VS stock shapes from Catek... much like most of the recreational riders here and I thought I would use that to belittle another guy selling real race gear here"

Sweet.

Helping the sport grow on BOL as always.............

If people are truley involed in this community they know what a kessler is worth.

The Catek boards are not the same as the board being offered. Its a shame My friend changed the price. I would have stuck to my guns.

PS this guy has done more for alpine then most posters on this board. Why do you think of some one doesn't post on BOL they are not in the sport..... Perhaps you could have reworded your statement to.

"I'm interested in not being educated enough to really considered a full race stock snowboard and the fact that they cost a ton! VS stock shapes from Catek... much like most of the recreational riders here and I thought I would use that to belittle another guy selling real race gear here"

Sweet.

Helping the sport grow on BOL as always.............

Bordy, there was a thread yesterday about one BOL users opinion on the comments people get here in the BOL classifieds - but it got taken down quickly.I had posted in that thread that I have increasingly felt that the BOL classifieds should be locked to replies except by email and PM. I know all of us have replied to classified posts when we weren't buying, for whatever reason, but it seems that most of the time nothing really useful gets said. My second part of that post was that maybe some of the more knowledgeable BOL'ers like you would be willing to have their own "sticky" thread, or separate forum, specifically for answering questions for those who need it. I really think this would cut down on a lot of the BS and amke the forum a lot friendlier for everyone.

Bordy, there was a thread yesterday about one BOL users opinion on the comments people get here in the BOL classifieds - but it got taken down quickly.I had posted in that thread that I have increasingly felt that the BOL classifieds should be locked to replies except by email and PM. I know all of us have replied to classified posts when we weren't buying, for whatever reason, but it seems that most of the time nothing really useful gets said. My second part of that post was that maybe some of the more knowledgeable BOL'ers like you would be willing to have their own "sticky" thread, or separate forum, specifically for answering questions for those who need it. I really think this would cut down on a lot of the BS and amke the forum a lot friendlier for everyone.

I think its really hard to monitor the BOL boys club.

Would be nice, Perhaps e-mail only is a great way to do it.

Its just a shame when some people come here to sell gear to people on this forum, to help the sport grow and put race gear into the hands of everyone. And insteed of a thank you for offering gear to BOL users first (who should get grabs over e-bayers), They get a ****kk you from the Boys club...

Just stupid, again post count over real world experance...

Some one should buy this SL board it would rock their world....

It looks like a very nice board, I wish I had a few weeks of paycheck and I'd be interested.. At the same time I was looking for a longer board (since I already got a 164...) Although I'm pretty sure that it would be way better than my Burton Speed 164, I'd like to know if anybody could give me some input on how would the kessler feel compared to my Speed ?

He also said it was custom, maybe it's not a good question to ask.. I read reviews of kessler, but reviews seems most of the time biased by the price ppl paid for their boards... I guess someone has ridden both and could tell me the difference ? Anyway thank you for your time ! Keep posting the stuff your selling on BOL plz :biggthump

It looks like a very nice board, I wish I had a few weeks of paycheck and I'd be interested.. At the same time I was looking for a longer board (since I already got a 164...) Although I'm pretty sure that it would be way better than my Burton Speed 164, I'd like to know if anybody could give me some input on how would the kessler feel compared to my Speed ?

He also said it was custom, maybe it's not a good question to ask.. I read reviews of kessler, but reviews seems most of the time biased by the price ppl paid for their boards... I guess someone has ridden both and could tell me the difference ? Anyway thank you for your time ! Keep posting the stuff your selling on BOL plz :biggthump

Louis, the majority of racers on the world cup are using Kesslers...nobody is using Burtons...that should tell you a lot right there. Simply no comparison, and it is not biased by price. I too would buy it if I could afford it right now - but I've spent WAAYY too much on racing (winter AND summer) the past three years already...so much that I had to get a REAL job...next winter I plan to be on the K-stix!!

If you don't race, you probably don't need it - unless money is not the problem and you just want a nice ride, albeit one that requires your full attention. You can get away with less than 100% effort and concentration on your Burton , but not on this board. The Kessler is much more stiff torsionally (think lengthwise twist), which keeps it on line better, but requires no fudging your turns...and it will be much more damp (less chatter and bounce) than any Burton.

Thx wavechaser, I pretty much thought it would require more "focused" riding. And you said it I dont race, thats pretty much my only concern, I'd like to join a race club but I doubt I have what it takes to be successfull, at 22 yrs old I dont think I can do it (too late?) Also with the fact I've been riding far less than I would want.. not even 20 days of riding per year, not very good ! lol Im riding more and more these days, but I definitly would want a board with better hold and stiffness than my burton.. Since I didnt try any other race boards I cant really settle on what to choose, I still dream of getting a kessler, I would have the $$ to buy it, but would it be worth it ? I would probably take away someone opportunity to use it for better purposes than mine

If you are around 180 like the waist width then this board will make any USASA level or higher rider a second or more faster your just buying time with Kesslers they are that good. Sick SL stick. Killer board to ride trails with also. Would turn up any skilled riders stoke. Not since the Madd 158 has a SL board been so good.