tex1230

Divebomber pointed this out on San Diego Craigslist:

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

Only damage: delam on the nose from storage

IMG_0892.jpg

Can you say "NOS" - still has the factory wax sticker on it

IMG_0901.jpg

Unless one of the collectors Tells me this is too valuable, Demos will be available at ECES (if I can figure out what bindings to slap on this puppy

Back Story.

Physician from Seattle becomes snowboarder and has a better idea.

Inlists PNW companies to build the components. Ta Da!!

Really nice build, shame the "Boards" tend to delaminate. I believe it is more cosmetic.

Anxious to here your test results. I believe it is much better suite to hard boots due to the elevation/leverage.

I have some of the early promo photos somewhere.

Ride it, RIDE IT!! RIDE IT!!!:biggthump

Tex. Post some close ups of the frame. The bike guys will dig it.

It looks like when you tilt the upper deck, the boards change angles (along the 'steering' axis) but their bases remain flat on the snow. So wouldn't that just leave you traveling straight ahead, standing on two base-flat boards that are at slight angles to your direction of travel? Are the bases flat like regular snowboards?

And if you do tip it up on edge, wouldn't the two edges of those boards be at different angles to your direction of travel, and thus they'd be constantly fighting with each other? Or do they remain parallel to each other?

The upper deck looks cool but it seems like it really needs blades underneath it, like snowmobile skis or (maybe better) ice skates.

...Looks like a snowboard trailer-hitched to another snowboard.

The turning radius on that puppy is gonna decrease a lot when you put it up on edge. If you ride switch with it, just remember to make that annoying beeping sound as if you are backing up.

I'll be impressed if you can get it to turn. Please post pre-emergency room pics soon.

Mark

Huh. I'd have thought that someone's entire life savings would have amounted to more than that.

What's the question that this thing is supposed to answer? I can't quite visualize the articulation, or what it's supposed to do.

But the real question is: Will it fit on the roof-rack of my Tucker?

It reminds me of the "swing-bow" I tried at hyak in '87. It was an elevated binding platform mounted on a split board that angulated like a pair of skis.

The angulation bottomed out making it impractical, but experimentation is fun.

I would love to try that thing out as that is one toy I have never seen. Anxious to hear how it rides. Do let us know:cool:

Does the cable control articulation?

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

some better pics of the connector rods...

To answer some of the questions:

this weighs about 1.5 times as much as a normal board.

the cables and rods let the two sections move, but it is not sloppy at all.

I don't think I'll be riding it at all. I think at 220+ pounds, I'll be way over the tolerances for the hardware. Also the stance is pretty narrow. so I think a shorter, lighter rider might have a chance.

Anyone have srtatrgies for repairing a delam? I was thinking of getting some epoxy and injecting it in there somehow...

throw your technique out window, pivot rear foot angle to affect turn radius. I would love to try it; totally unique.

If the delam is only topsheet, epoxy injection may prevent it from progressing; If you can find a thin enough epoxy to get it thru a syringe. Not always successful but worth a try if it's going to be ridden.

Killer find, keep us posted.

If you are looking for very thin epoxy get RotX, Git Rot, or one of the other wood restorers. I think it was Git Rot I used. Thin as water. Looooong open time,12 hours or so, then kicks off. It's made to be absorbed like water into weak, dry wood.