Note to New Members ×

Binding retrofit

omskates

Have a pair of used Bomber Elite Skiboard bindings and was wanting to use them on an oldschool alpine board. Construction is basically like the old TD1s, narrowed for skiboards. They mount to a center 4X4 disc and have front & rear dampening blocks (can these be shimmed for lift?). Unable to have any cant unless I can get old TD1 cant disks I suppose. Any ideas would be great, thanks!

No sh#@ Thanks:smashfrea They've got 6.35mm bails and all aluminum construct, if I had the old cant discs and bumpers they'd be TD1s basically. Not whining, its just a pain in the ass finding decent used alpine equip that's reasonable $ for me. I'll probably just ride 'em flat with an 18" stance & adjust my boots. If it seems I need cant I'll hunt down the right parts.

I watched the classifieds here for quite a while. You guys snap stuff up like within the hour of posting so I started looking elsewhere. Besides, I'll be lucky to be on a lift more than 3 days a year right now. I can always do better with equipment in the future when my lifestyle warrants it. In the meantime I really do appreciate the info you guys have here, it really got me pumped to snowboard again. Cheers.

I don't really see how that's going to work... The Elites don't have any sort of angle adjustment, so you're going to be stuck at 0 or 90... I'm gonna feel pretty silly if you get it to work though... I've got 2 pair of those and just bought a pair of TD2's without ever having hardbooted.

I understand about no angle adjustment, but I'll be having to install my own inserts with base plugs anyway so I'll be pretty much stuck at the angles I mount them at. Bruce Varsava has an article here saying if you're straight legged (not bowed) you can get away with no canting.

http://www.yyzcanuck.com/E_tech_article04.htm

I understand this is all a pain in the ass, but I have to work with what I've got at this point. Thanks much for the offers and advice.:D

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, man, even some burton race will do you better.

you got a buyer, and you won't have to ruin your board by redrilling it

the manner in which you're planning to drill your board is very dangerous, I am about to go out and teach myself to tele so I am not going to explain it but email me and later I can give you the heads up on drilling offset holes and why they explode

Thanks guys, really appreciate the advise ad concern. If you were to draw a rectangle 21cm X 7cm, thats how far a binding plate would have to reach to use the insert pattern on this board (huge). I will have to install inserts myself regardless. As for the bindings I dont see enough advantage of the TD2s over these to warrant taking the time and more money at this point to change up unless someone has a straight trade offer. Same bails, toe clips, plate material as the TD2s but without the adjustability (doesn't appy to me much since I have to install inserts regardless).

Inserts:

• Flat flange metric T-nuts with lock teeth
  • Upright drill press
  • Forschner bit and shaft bit
  • grub screws and ski epoxy
  • sintered base plugs
  • Full tune

I've always drilled my own boards back in the day and never experienced pull out even when riding hard. Since I can't ride that hard anymore, I'm not too worried.

I'll still entertain ideas but I hate to make you guys fret over this stubborn old bastard:rolleyes: Thanks!

Photo of the Bomber Elites please?

Sounds like you are pretty experienced so I am not going to preach to you about the bindings. However, if they are the same pattern as say the "Line" Brand skis? I have been looking at setting up a set of skis with plates that I could swap quickly while hardbooting. Yes, I know they would be non release.

Photo?

Will they except Intec heels?

Thanks, Bryan

Welcome to WA.