Note to New Members ×

Ugliest carving setup ever on fleabay!

dano

I've seen Salomon Optima soft snowboard boots before...I'm not sure if the optima name is snowboard specific...they sure look like SB boots in the heel...a real common size too... might be a good deal for a newbie to get some hardboots. I see size 28 thermoflex liners in there too!

That board board is like, totally gnarly tho!

post-182-141842241164_thumb.jpg

This was my 2nd snowboard. I swiss cheesed the retention plates on my original 166 Gyrator constantly messing with stance angle/width on my brokeback Sims freestyle bindings. Thank you K2 warranty dept.! :biggthump

This board was a huge 4cm step up. I used to rip it up in my Salomon SX91 and these Emery Speedys that you could adjust for width & angle :1luvu: e Though I was unaware of the optimal 30* front / 40* back stance shown here :p

this was the first board with metal edges that I ever bought new. Pre-inserts,I mounted modified strap bindings to accept my tele's & at boots,couldn't find plates at the time. wasn't fond of the flaming pink, but out of several dozen boards that I tried out in the late 80's this one outcarved them all.:biggthump

They look like a set of straps from soft boot bindings. :confused:

I think it's the separate 3rd strap. It looks like you hook that button thing on to one side of the boot and ratchet the other side on. Looks like they came up with the ratchet buckle way before burton did. What a nightmare...how did it not get lost?

I thought they were dampening gaskets for under the bindings or boot inserts when I first looked.

Gotta love those diamond plate/barcode graphics and pukey stomp pad...

Pretty fun to have all those great pics... If I saw that in a bar I'd stare at it for hours...real missing link.

oh yea! in 90 I bought UPS race boots that match the board. I was stylin' in the age of neon:cool:

you know its wierd, but ive seen a lot more "oldschool" looking outfits on the slopes lately (solid neon orange coat w/ solid bright blue beanie... that sort of thing) and boards or skiis with neon bases ala undercarraige LEDs... pretty soon you'll be taking those UPS boots out again just to stay cool!:p