Note to New Members ×

Crack in toe bail piece. Is it safe?

newcarver

It was the TD2 Titanium that are sold out until 08/09 season. I went ahead and splurged on the TD2 standard:biggthump That is going to be my Xmass and Bday present. At least I won't have to worry about getting killed by having my boot separate from my board. I got 3 deg cant disks for both front and back and the soft E-rings. Hope this works out for me. Now I just need to save up for a stick worthy of these bindings.

You know... before i got the td2's i used to think i would "need" a better board, and yeah it makes it even better... but there is no substitute for a properly tuned board with good bindings... get yourself a nice professional base grind on a winterstieger or something, wax and a hone... and the bindings will put that stick to work for you. Get a new board next season, those bindings will last you a while.

stop trying to scare me guys, thats what i have mounted on my unridden FP, i only weigh like 140, and the bindings are in great shape, whats the worst that could happen?

This is the worst that could happen.. substitute a snowboard accident for the car accident.. Pleasent dreams ! :eplus2::eplus2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_%28film%29

oh, screw you :AR15firin

that movie was great though, and id hate to see the accident that hobbles the victim

Not nice to poop in the sandbox. C5 has been around a while and speaks his truth.

The bindings in question that newcarver posted about are cracked and he should not use them. If you have yours adjusted properly and are willing to gamble your knees, legs etc that you do, then go ahead.

Many think I am nuts for using Burton race plates at 250lbs, but I know what to look for, I have them adjusted properly and I know how to get my board off the snow when something goes wrong (insert sound of a bail breaking), that you are scared is ok. There is a major lawsuit going down that is the result of a boot, binding failure (neither one bomber or burton if I remember correctly) that leaves a rider lucky to ever walk again let alone ride. This is serious sh!t, but only if you value bipedal mobility.

So adjust them, make sure they work right and go have fun. Upgrade when you can.

At the same time I have prereleased out of Raichle boots every time I have ever ridden them, regardless of how much I mess with the adjustments. So I dont do that anymore. NOT FLAMING you Raichle guys here, they just didn't work for me.

You can break various parts of your body. Rip and or tear ligaments and or cartilage. Any of witch will end your year and hurt like H#@! . Why take A chance. My binding broke A number of years back .I was lucky did not get hurt after three or four flips. And the good people at Big Mountain sent A snowmobile to take me back to the condo. It did get in my head and affected my riding the rest of the year. It was awhile before I got my confidence back.

stop trying to scare me guys, thats what i have mounted on my unridden FP, i only weigh like 140, and the bindings are in great shape, whats the worst that could happen?

Uh, I'm 150#'s and I blew the heel cup off the Snowpros doing about 30 mph in a hard carve........Before that happened I had Burton bindings, and got rid of them after riding them for one run. Actualy I traded/ gave them to someone here on this forum for just shipping cost and pleaded withthem not to ride them and they assured me they were going on a board just for "show/ collection" purposes.

After you have your leg pop out even once from something that you rely in 100% to "be there" for you when you need it.......... it changes you a bit.

Put the fear of god/ divine intervention right back in me thats for sure !

Look down at yourself in a crumpled mess 1/2 burried in the race fence and not see the bottom 1/2 your leg from the knee down attached to a board............

DOWNRIGHT PANTS CRAPPING IMAGERY ! :nono::barf: :( :freak3:

I agree with CCG. I took a huge dump later that same day ( March 22nd 2007) throwing a front flip off a jump (in soft boot gear) and not making full rotation. Tore my ACJ in my shoulder.

I rode a week later in a competition, and was shakey, but still did 6th place.

No where near my previous 2 year top 3 finishes.

I got out May 6th, My confidence was still leary as it was all moguls and very hard to board in at all even with soft gear.

This year, I got out for the first time This past Sunday. I felt great, threw a few commando rolls and fell a few times, and while still not 100 % confident, I enjoyed it and this weekend I will take my carve gear back out with brand new Bomber TD2 bindings and tweek it to a comfortable board again and hopefully by January will be ripping it up again like I was earlier in the season last year.

Paragon, yeah, Sundays (and Mondays once the season is in full swing) I'll be there.

I posted a thread in the Ride board under Jiminy Sundays. Can't always promise it will be carveable, but I'll be sure to keep everyone updated ;) Actualy saved Bill a 360 mile trip for crap conditions this past Friday, so I'm glad to be of help.

Before that happened I had Burton bindings, and got rid of them after riding them for one run. Actualy I traded/ gave them to someone here on this forum for just shipping cost and pleaded withthem not to ride them and they assured me they were going on a board just for "show/ collection" purposes.

I remember those... wow, those things were ancient! kinda cool though. appx same vintage as the bomber toasters if i remember correctly.

edit: and yes garecht, he does... in fact if you ask really nice he might help you get used to the new setup:biggthump