Note to New Members ×

ECES Pictures

stevep

I can't believe the number of pictures you took. You're button finger must be as tired as my legs were.

Good riding with you in the snow Friday afternoon. I guess limited visibility gives photographers a chance to get some runs!

So where/when is it going to be next year?

MT

Originally posted by Mike Tokar

Good riding with you in the snow Friday afternoon. I guess limited visibility gives photographers a chance to get some runs!

MT

heh, no friends or photoshoots on powder days indeed...:D lots of fun doing laps on timberline in the fresh pow with y'all...

re: the skier...i was in the middle of waiting for the next set of riders on hayburner - saw this kid just killin' it, had to take a shot.

ready for the punchline to all this? sugarloaf was having a photo contest this week and i entered the first 3 shots i posted (chris, geoff and jack with group) as well as a shot of a patroller and his helmet (below)...got an email today from sugarloaf that i was a finalist and they will let me know what i have won later this week! so thanks again for a great weekend!

cheers!

steve

btw baka - i like that shot as well...gonna pull a good version of that one soon.

post-71-141842197131_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by stevep

ready for the punchline to all this? sugarloaf was having a photo contest this week and i entered the first 3 shots i posted (chris, geoff and jack with group) as well as a shot of a patroller and his helmet (below)...got an email today from sugarloaf that i was a finalist and they will let me know what i have won later this week! so thanks again for a great weekend!

Very cool. Great shots, Steve!

Then there's me. My film is still sittin' in the fridge because I haven't had a chance to get it processed yet!

arthur

well, we waited 13 months for last year's shots (which rocked btw)...you are aware, if you had turned your back for a second arthur - that 70-200 L lens of yours would have been in my bag and heading south! <g>

sadly, i have to say, the ONLY time i was in front of a camera this time - i blew out on heelside...oh well.

hey arthur - can you ping me with your friend's email re: the battery pack?

Originally posted by pm_wizard

If you have any shots from the first try at a group photo on Friday, could you let me know. It's the only way a hacker like me gets on film!

I've got a couple shots from that one but I think they're from the second try after we'd put the bench back. I don't see you in there. There were a couple others shooting so I'm sure you'll be in there somewhere.

Originally posted by stevep

well, we waited 13 months for last year's shots (which rocked btw)...you are aware, if you had turned your back for a second arthur - that 70-200 L lens of yours would have been in my bag and heading south! <g>

Good luck fitting it in your little camera bag!

What's really funny is a lot of people think it's got a lot of magnification so they do their big carves too far away...

Then there's Rob Sydia. He tried to see how close he could get without hitting me. Which is why I like shooting from next to a lift tower. I'm not planning to cushion anyone's fall....

arthur

well, damn.

this ends an almost perfect day:

- snowboarded at camelback on a free pass with great snow and blue skies

- went and visited my motorcycle in valley forge and got to sit on it and make "vroom vroom" sounds

- just shot the calendar girl contest at club ritual in Long Island

and come home to drink a beer and check my email...and find this.

that so rocks!

i'll let y'all know what i have won...i guess the next round of beer is on me, geoff.

cheers!

steve

ok - just spoke to the sugarloaf people...

i won a 3 day ski/stay mid-week package (hopefully for next season!) and that shot will be on the cover of the last sugarloafer printed this season (next week?)

i am getting a copy of it from sugarloaf, but would like a couple more - and i'm sure photoboy geoff would like one as well.

could any sugarloafer ping me offline and we can work out mailing details for a couple copies of the sugarloafer?

thanks!

steve

btw geoff - you suck. my ducati is back to being covered and inert.