Note to New Members ×

Heads up from Madd!

Guest Madd1

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a quick heads up on some late breaking news we're currently putting on our site...

Thanksgiving Maddness returns!!

That's right, order a board from Black Friday through Sunday and you get a <b>free pair of bindings!!</b> Bomber or Catek standards, pay the difference for upgrades. Details to come on our site and in a mailing to our list.

Titanal!!

We've engineered a new construction, with an internal Titanal plate and FULL Carbon Fiber topsheet - the best of both worlds! Our classic butterfly topsheet construction will still be available.

Madd goes WIDE!!

Our flagship 170.... 21cm waist width. Do we have your attention now? Available in classic or new Titanal-Carbon construction.

$200 deposit due on board orders. The early bird gets the worm. We will be shipping small batches of 10 to 20 boards every 2 weeks starting mid-December.

Thanks for your interest!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

details!

how do I order?

specs?

anyone got a stick to demo?

Still working on the site, but you can paypal your $200 deposit to maddmikes1@mac.com. In the note section, tell us what the payment is for and what bindings you want. We will confirm, and we will send you an invoice for full payment when your items are ready to be shipped to you.

Specs? All other boards same as last year, 170w very similar to our 170, but 21cm wide. With our 30 day satisfaction guarantee, you can just ride it, then decide. Applies from date of shipment to you.

Demos? Should have some at the ECES.

Thanks!

Sounds like a great deal, and I'm very tempted by the offer of free bindings, but what are the graphics options? I've looked at your site; would a buyer be restricted to only those options there? Could I just get a solid-black topsheet and base? (The "sad boy" just doesn't do it for me--no offense.)

Also, by "standard" bindings, are you talking TD1s, TD2s--what specifically?

And what's the shipping charge to the East Coast roughly?

Thanks!

John

Price - Titanal-Carbon construction - $1099; classic R/CB - $899. Plus tax and shipping from Boston, MA. Shipping usually runs about $25, ymmv.

Bindings - TD2 or OS2 standards. Pay the difference for step-in or other upgrades.

Graphics - on the R/CB, only the usual Madd Boy graphics are available. On the TC, the carbon fiber topsheet is full coverage, and we have a very thin, lightweight non-plastic sheet on top of that which carries the Madd Boy graphics. The CF shows through, and the graphics are translucent and more subtle. You won't care what the board looks like when it's launching you into orbit.! :D

If I could search better I could probably find this somewhere, but can someone tell me the difference between F2 and F3 in the Alp 170 boards? I'm guessing these refer to flex. Anyone have a comparison to Donek's Flex Specs on a Freecarve I 171? Seems like a logical board to compare to, considering the similar sizes.

I rode an 06/07 F3 170 at SES '06. Stiffness wise I thought it was a hair stiffer than my Donek FC 175 underfoot and quite a bit stiffer in the nose. I had owned one of the 04/05 170's which was supposed to be similar to the F2 flex. That was way softer. I found the older one grippier but not stable enough at my weight on anything softer than ice. I preferred the FC 175 Oly to both Madd 170's (and prefer the Prior Metal 177 to the FC 175 Oly). The 06/07 Madd 158 rocked though!

We will also be offering a simple Madd logo graphic on TC boards:

alp_tc.jpg

(prototype)

As long as we're talking graphics, here's the new Madd Boy graphics option for the freeride boards:

maddboy.jpg

Tested all the new Titanal models sat/sun. at Mt Bachelor on varied terrain and both man-made hardpack and natural snow. Madd nailed it. I will provide more details tomorrow, a lot of hard riding this weekend and 8 hours on the road tonight = I need to sleep. But for now, the new boards are very, very good! -Mark H.