Note to New Members ×

I might just have to sport this

DiveBomber

AAHHH!!! the good old days of gaper dodgeing in the fog at snogualmie:eplus2:

whats a gaper?

Actually, Part of it is i want something bright, so I dont get hit! that why i got the bright yellow Burton pants from las season (but id love to find the yellow oaklye pants with the huge oakley down the leg)

Frankly im almost thinking about wearing one of those strobes for cyclists.

Awesome!

Now that image-driven jibbers dominate the slopes, wearing something unbelievably heinous like this is extremely subversive...kind of like carving. :biggthump

I'm keeping an eye out for a neon one-piece myself, but haven't found it yet. Fortunately my 1990 teal North Face jacket is almost as ugly :)

whats a gaper?

usually someone with no clue but has all the cool-new ish. (New board/skiis, boots, pants, jacket) Usually found right in front of or just below your favorite jump, or snowplowing/sliding sideways down the last bit of fresh groom on the mountain. kook, idiot, moron, touron... but then again, it's not their fault...they don't know no better!.

J

usually someone with no clue but has all the cool-new ish. (New board/skiis, boots, pants, jacket) Usually found right in front of or just below your favorite jump, or snowplowing/sliding sideways down the last bit of fresh groom on the mountain. kook, idiot, moron, touron... but then again, it's not their fault...they don't know no better!. [/quote ]

We used to call them gapers 'cause thier mouths are gapeing w/ a dumb-founded look as they watch you carve by.

Moving gates is another good one:cool:

usually someone with no clue but has all the cool-new ish. (New board/skiis, boots, pants, jacket) Usually found right in front of or just below your favorite jump, or snowplowing/sliding sideways down the last bit of fresh groom on the mountain. kook, idiot, moron, touron... but then again, it's not their fault...they don't know no better!. [/quote ]

We used to call them gapers 'cause thier mouths are gapeing w/ a dumb-founded look as they watch you carve by.

Moving gates is another good one:cool:

human speed bumps :lol:

Rick: I'm not a tourist.

Turtle: Whatever, Barney.

Rick: What's a Barney?

whats a gaper?

Actually, Part of it is i want something bright, so I dont get hit!

Sadly, color does not matter. Last season I wore an orange jacket; I got hit from behind twice. big mario got hit from behind while wearing a bright yellow jacket. :confused: Idiots will be idiots and what you are wearing will not matter.

Sadly, color does not matter. [...] Idiots will be idiots and what you are wearing will not matter.

I used to wear black, but it looks crap in photographs so now I'm an orange/ yellow person.

Never been hit though... I am truly paranoid however. I don't generally stop on a run, and if I do then I don't stop where people can hit me. I don't believe idiots are influenced by visibility... they don't have the control for it to make a difference.

We usually call them Cidiots. (Combination of the words City and Idiots, for those of you that don't understand...) Those that come from the city with their $100 thousand rigs and morbidly overpriced clothing to go play in the woods doing the same things we do for a fraction of the cost.