Good looking helmet ?

Louis

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Louis, I have the same issues with helmets as you. Most helmets hit at the front and the back with lots of room on the sides.

I had a pile of about 15 helmets at the shop when I was trying them on a couple of years ago, and the only helmet that worked for me (of the ones I tried) was the Giro G10.

Good luck, keep trying them on.

Buell

I refused to buy a helmet that didn't fit me and it took a while for me to be happy enough to commit to one. After I found it though at least I knew what I was looking for next time around- stuck with the same brand, carrera.

I used to wear a full fask mask under the helmet but there was really no need. Now I wear a half mask that goes around my neck and came with my jacket and that with the goggles and helmet keeps my face and head warm at all times and in all conditions.

What are full face helmets designed for? I never really thought they were designed for people face-planting, rather for people running into things like race gates.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some help with helmets, I'll be hitting the real mountains some this year & figure I should be responsible here.

My head is pretty big, the only helmet I've worn with complete sucuess is the specialized M1 bike helmet.. the styrofoam lined pro-tec required some modification on the sides of my head near the top, somewhere over my ears- guess its a little wide.

Anyone know how those POCs fit? Giros? etc?