just thought I'd share...

started by wrapping the headers in exhaust wrap:

IMG_0625.jpg

then picked up a pair of open pipes off a wrecked bike:

IMG_0629.jpg

just finished painting the pipes:

IMG_0645.jpg

next up - cafe bars

wish list: cafe seat, upgrade suspension and brakes, possibly rearsets...

damn, this is getting as expensive as snowboarding!

No oil under it ANYMORE...

had a few major oil leaks - but fixed under warranty (knock on wood)

The triples are very nice bikes. I bought this one because of the retro looks...going to look a lot more like it's '60s cousins by the time I'm done.

(plus I have to make it presentable for track days next year)

Matt you changing the rims? Keep posting pics as you make updates, I'll be curious to see how Bonnie looks when she's done :p

Rim change looks like a difficult project. I have seen a couple of people who have used SV650 rims and suspension, and others who have used F3, but I am not a talented mechanic and that is beyond my capapbilities, so I'll have to think about it and probably end up paying someone to do it.

and Neil, I heart that bike :1luvu::1luvu:

A MODERN English bike! No oil underneath it. The last Triumph I rode had the shifter on the left side, looks like they've made some real progress. the new triple is supposed to be very nice too.

Chris and Tex1230 -- reminds me why I believe the English do not build or design Computers.--- They can not figure out how to make them leak oil!

:lol: :lol:

I strongly dislike header wrap on any bike. blecch. And those SV wheels just don't jive. Need spokers. Track duty does not preclude classic looks:

img_7558.jpg

I'd say all you need is some stiffer springs, good rubber, and clipons. And lose the saddlebags of course. Oh and a K&N and jet kit to go with the new silencers.

I'm assuming you're going for the CR look.

I strongly dislike header wrap on any bike. blecch. And those SV wheels just don't jive. Need spokers. Track duty does not preclude classic looks:

img_7558.jpg

I'd say all you need is some stiffer springs, good rubber, and clipons. And lose the saddlebags of course. Oh and a K&N and jet kit to go with the new silencers.

I'm assuming you're going for the CR look.

Header wrap is a love it or hate it kind of thing...I love it...

The reason for the SV wheels or other non-spoked wheels is to give more freedom in the choice of tires. pretty limited with the tubes. I need to do more research on that though.

Clipons - Ace bars close enough - on the way next month.

Saddlebags - I need them for my commute. takes all of 5 minutes to pull them off. hate the look of the brackets while they're off but I don't want to pull the rear shocks every time I feel like taking off the bags.

Stiffer springs on the list...good excuse to add fork gaiters when I do them too.

K&N and rejet done when I changed the pipes.