Note to New Members ×

Slalom Races in Bristol, CT Aug. 10-12

wavechaser

If anyone is interested in slalom racing, come check out "The Farm" race in Bristol, CT this weekend. Lots of the top racers from the east and Canada plus a few from further away. Crazy partying in the evenings.

http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registration.asp?ContestID=331#signup

...or just come check it out. There will be a "totally professional downhill" ;) and "vintage" (pre-1978 equipment) race, as well as a GS Friday and a TS/Hybrid Saturday.

"What do you get for $100?

4 races

Thursday party for early arrivals.

Two dinners, two lunches.

Drinks on the hill.

T shirt

Friday & Saturday after parties

Libations not permitted legally in the US.

Live Bands!

Midget Bartender (He prefers "little person")

Canadians!

Pie!

A chance at winning a coveted crock from the oldest continuous slalom race in the world.

"

:biggthump

this is why i love race descriptions

Surf-Rodz will be at this event and will be showcasing all it's product development...snowboards to longboards and the ASB road/kite system.

-------------

Surf-Rodz will showcase its new custom machine pressed 15/17 ply Russian /Finland Baltic Birch 60” long-board decks. These high- pressure wood-ply decks offer wood veneer top sheets and a high pressure laminate composite bottom sheet. The SZ 60” longboards use a eco-natural engineered ply-lam system that adds deck strength and flex which improves deck performance while adding a wide range of custom features to fit the riders needs.

Our ¾” Bamboo cross core custom decks uses some of the same eco-natural engineered ply-lam system as our Baltic birch decks do. We incorporate an extra bottom ply-lam composite to the bamboo to add more strength and to stabilize the flex and weight of this material for the user of the 60” deck.

The Surf-Rodz NEW 60" "FREERIDE" deck is a form of longboarding that involves relaxed or agressive carving, ‘walking’, manuals and cross-stepping and balanced wheelie tricks. The Freeride is very much a cross between street skating and tricks imported from classic longboard surfing. The FREERIDE system is a well balanced design to give you a lot of riding options.This board is pure fun. A comfortable 60” long length means this board is a jack-of-all-trades. Carving down a hill, whizzing through rush hour traffic or throwing down some power slides.

------

SZ has been in development for the last 2 years on snow, road and water deck systems and is just getting all of it's manufacturing in place so this Ct event is a perfect place to showcase it's products.

SZ will also donate a new 170 carve snowboard deck to this event.

Please feel free to contact me direct for more information and prices as we have moved into limited manufacturing on all our products. SZ will also be in a few retail shops by Jan08.

All of our new product pictures and pricing info will be up soon....it's been a long road but it's been fun.

Wayne

Wayne Gallipoli

President

Surf-Rodz, LLC

http://www.surf-rodz.com

wayne@surf-rodz.com

product preview_ the SZ websites will be updated in the next 3-4 weeks as we move forward in production.

http://web.mac.com/surfrodz

203.530.2668 mobile

203.937.5722 fax/office

162 Bellevue Avenue

West Haven, Connecticut 06516

USA

post-2699-14184223388_thumb.jpg

post-2699-141842233884_thumb.jpg

hey folks please read the race flyer it's Friday and Saturday there will likely be lots of hungover skaters around on Sunday but no races. I would love to attend but I'm due at a Funeral Saturday so sadly I will will be unable to attend

Joe I put on the event this year, Tway came and raced but was just part of the moral support staff. It was a great time, Friday was a rain out but we managed to get in all of the races on Saturday. The races were DH (hill bomb), vintage (you had to ride gear made pre 1978), single lane GS and dual straight (with the cones placed on 6-7.5ft centers). The new hill was fast and the pavement was great. The food and parties were of the charts. There were a few falls but I think the worst injuries (liver and brain cell) happend at the parties. If any of you that live in New England are interested in giving it a try, let me know and I will let you know when the next practice session is. You bring pads and helmet and I will loan you a board and give you a few pointers to get you started.

...The food and parties were of the charts. There were a few falls but I think the worst injuries (liver and brain cell) happend at the parties. If any of you that live in New England are interested in giving it a try, let me know and I will let you know when the next practice session is. You bring pads and helmet and I will loan you a board and give you a few pointers to get you started.

Take Glenn up on this one...trust me.

I did, and then I raced at The Farm...my life will never be the same. :D

Glenn,

I'll be in touch to run some cones. We were up in Peabody on Sunday and the skatepark was closed but managed to fly a 6 meter kite on the grass next to the park. I hear the Newburyport park is pretty cool, gotta check it out.

Psyched to get back into slalom.

Did I see a pic of JG at the Farm ?

Yes, JG was at the race. He showed up Sat afternoon and was at the party when I left. I am sitting at the airport now waiting for my flight to Chile for a 10 day snowboard trip, so our skating will have wait until we get back. I am very interested in learning to kite board. We were at the Gorge this summer and I bought a trainer kite. I would be happy to trade some time in my boards for a lesson or two. I would even kick in some free beers to sweeten the deal.

I will try and update the Chile trip but my camera is broken so it will be text only.