Note to New Members ×

Snowboard GS at Meadows on Saturday

Dan

The GS was cancelled (probably a good thing, the course would have been an utter mess) but it was a good freshies day. Even if the old part of Heather open was Jacks Woods which got trashed pretty quickly.

I had forgotten what a total and complete zoo Meadows is on weekends. No wonder Bryan, Jim and others don't go near the place on weekends. Bacelor gets crowded on weekends but doesn't hold a candle to Meadows crowds!

Mike, sorry about the race. Yep, you got it right. Portland can really feed the masses up fast. Although last Wed was great in the am with the main parking lot was packed by noon. Pretty impressive for a weekday! Keeping in mind it was a blue bird pow day. Pretty rare in these parts.

The layout with Bachelor's many high speed lifts out of the base area really works well in spreading folks out quickly. Our starts are often a mess. Hundreds at Mt Hood Express.

Wednesday was crowded here too... not bluebird but good riding. Today was good at Bachelor... Tanker day with myself, GMac, Shane and Dustin sporting 3 192's and a 187.

Excellent!! A chair with four "Tankers" is a Happy chair!!

Surprised their wasn't a few 200cm in the mix? Not deep enough? All the 02-03 models? That 192cm is killer on the "Tweener" days. Narrow , carves hard and floats great. Greg on the 187cm, he loves that in the trees. Sounds like the gang is tearing it up!! Rainbow late?

Shane has his 200 but didn't get it waxed in time. I find the 192 just fine but I'm not as big as you are! Today was probably better classified as a 'tweener day - deep in spots but not so soft that you would sink.

Definitely Rainbow late... although NW was great before 10:30.

Hi Dan, I actually earned those turns on a Voile Mountain Gun.

Worked out pretty cool. I had climbed about a third of the way up to the Summit when they started running the chair and doing control work in the bowl.

Got down in time to load the chair and make a couple more passes before they closed. Only wish the Mountain Gun was longer. Fun none the less.

post-198-14184222967_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842229672_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842229675_thumb.jpg

No worries Bryan...I actually set the new one up quite a bit different from the older models as well. I ride it almost centered so comparitivly for what you were set at before it makes sense you moved there. Glad you liked the new one...it is much different from the 07 Mask in flex so requires a little bit different binding positioning. I wanted to wait until you rode it to see if you had similar feelings about it. Hope you get a chance to ride it some more soon. As for splitting a tanker, I have seen one and the guy was not very happy with its performance once he split it, but to each there own.

cheers,

sandy

p.s. pics look awesome...I am going to have to try to get over there before season is over.

Sandy, it was pretty soft on the groomers, mixed conditions from soft pow to windblown styro up on Cascade. The 08 handled it all very well. I couldn't really push very hard on the groomers, however, I could tell it was stiffer and will have more snap. It was leaving huge gouges. It was also very fast. I waxed and scrapped it twice over the last week and then brushed and corked it . It was running well. Yes, I definitely plan to put more time on it soon. I think the 07 would be great for deep soft snow with soft boots on it.

I will take the 08 to OES so the guys can fondle it :biggthump Thanks again. Bryan

GS is rescheduled for 3/11, which happens to be the last day of OES. The ba$tards!

That sucks. How did I manage to miss you all day last Saturday (except that one encounter on the Star lift line)?

I'm actually probably going to be driving back to Portland on 3/11, so who knows...:eplus2:

• 2 weeks later...

So, you get up to check the morning ski report and there is a familar image flashing in the banner? Is it lack of coffee ? Nope, it is one of the photos that Mike Hildreth took earlier this season in use on a "Banked Slalom" add. Cool!

http://www.skihood.com/events/bankedslalom/

post-198-141842230693_thumb.jpg

So, you get up to check the morning ski report and there is a familar image flashing in the banner? Is it lack of coffee ? Nope, it is one of the photos that Mike Hildreth took earlier this season in use on a "Banked Slalom" add. Cool!

http://www.skihood.com/events/bankedslalom/

You have a great smile on that picture! Congrats on making to the "Hollywood" club... :biggthump Are you going to race in the banked slalom? I will be riding this friday but work the weekend. I wonder if they will let you keep the banner after the event.

Jim