Note to New Members ×

Jibberish

DiveBomber

you know it, brother. So much stiffer than the cracked pair of regular SBH's in the other pic.I gave those to a buddy getting into carving and he's not big enuf or good enuf to break them...yet.

Maybe someday I'll step up and get some Heads or Raichles but SBHs work great for me. I ride in my Burton race boots and the Nordicas feel like slippas in comparison.

Where did the Throttle 166 end up ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

przemek i agree with you on most points.

IMHO, people go to slopes they can't do -generally b/c of ego "hey man, let's do that blacks" etc. maybe peer pressure if riding with a crowd. sometimes it may be necessary to reach the next level? this topic came up on a recent local message board.

if i'm understanding you right, however, you believe that most don't carry about technique b/c they are on softies when they should be riding alpine. i wouldn't necessarily agree with that. i believe that the FS Revolution (media / marketing inlcluded on here) places focus on tricks (airs, rails, etc), not overall trail riding technique. that's probably considered "boring" by mainstream standards. we're obviously not the mainstream though.

to answer another ? of yours, yes there are times when i feel like "yeah, us snowboarders have earned our rep" after watching some of the local riders skid down. hey, we were all beginners once (I still feel like one some days), consider it your goal to show people on the lift what great riding looks like...

But i do hate idiots riding sideway all the way down ruining snow for all of us.

Again all my respect for good soft riders.

I'm kind of with you on this one. I have been known to heckle loudly the softies ( would as well if hard riders were doing same) side slipping chutes, powder or any of the other places that they scrape off the snow as long as I'm not in uniform. :smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea

Makes me very mad at entrance to steep chutes too. :angryfire:angryfire

Or I use Jedi mind trick and believe finger is gun. Shoot like sniper at snowboard side slippers until they fall over dead. Doesn't take long. Try this on the lift sometime - it's fun.

if i'm understanding you right, however, you believe that most don't carry about technique b/c they are on softies when they should be riding alpine. i wouldn't necessarily agree with that. i believe that the FS Revolution (media / marketing inlcluded on here) places focus on tricks (airs, rails, etc), not overall trail riding technique. that's probably considered "boring" by mainstream standards. we're obviously not the mainstream though...

Hi Barry

I did not say that all softies should be riding alpine.(accualy i kind of like being unique) It just would be nice if mainstream madia/softbooters could focus a little more on technique. Most of avarage softborders spend most of the time on trails anyway (i am on east coast) It simply makes sense to do well what you do the most.

For exemple, I am always riding with my skiing friends and all they talk about is technique and they really focusing on improvment.

Somehow i dont think this is a case for softbooter mainstream.

They are trails for beginers and there are trails for more advance. Thats why we have a little color system. Idiots who are riding terrain to difficult for they

skills set are deserve to take get some ****.

Aparently some of us have forgoten what it was like to be a teenager, or for that mater just a beginer. I wouldn't even participate in this thread, but I think I have been put down for even being a snowboarder for so many years that this superiority complex some are exibiting is maddening. The roots of snowboarding rest firmly on the shoulders of the so called punks. Are we so far removed from this. Not everyone can be great, but to put someone down for trying is just low down. Keep in mind that they are the money machine that brought snowboarding to the mountains, now that the mountains are open to snowboarding we can't just through them out.

Barry you are right, there are tons of awsome riders doing amazing stuff great aerials and pipe , I will not even get close to they level.

But i do hate idiots riding sideway all the way down ruining snow for all of us.

Arent you ashamed for fellow snowboarders sucking so bad?

Why do they come to steep, black trail to do this, insted of practicing on green?

There is somthing annoing in the softboots world on the recreationa/beginer level, most of them dont give a **** about technique. <O:p

Reason for this is: they using wrong tool for the job because they where brainwash by mainstream snowboard marketing. <O:p

Again all my respect for good soft riders.

THe same thing happens with skiers as well.......get on something that is outta their league and end up sliding sideways....its not just limited to soft booters........also i dont know where you ride but here in BC theres tons of guys that rip on softies that have sick technique :lol: ...i ride plates,softs(both resort and splitboard) softboots for the comfort and funtion rule the deep powder!!!!!

Hi Barry

I did not say that all softies should be riding alpine.(accualy i kind of like being unique) It just would be nice if mainstream madia/softbooters could focus a little more on technique. Most of avarage softborders spend most of the time on trails anyway (i am on east coast) It simply makes sense to do well what you do the most.

For exemple, I am always riding with my skiing friends and all they talk about is technique and they really focusing on improvment.

Somehow i dont think this is a case for softbooter mainstream.

They are trails for beginers and there are trails for more advance. Thats why we have a little color system. Idiots who are riding terrain to difficult for they

skills set are deserve to take get some ****.

^^^^^oh god help the kids wanting to try something a little steeper....lol.......im sure you just jumped right onto the black with no faults :smashfrea ...lmao

wow how some of you take something and run with it. while others are a bit too sensitive(hypocritically at that im sure) may I suggest Midol?

I was merely commenting on how I wasn't to pleased with the performance of a freeride board. In fact I can see why most soft booters ride the way they do. Its like driving a buick with bald tires in the snow VS a sports car with sticky tires.

And I certainly wasn't condemning all soft booters, but then again being a teenager doesn't make it ok to be a dumbass. However I'm just slightly tired of the "Brah's"

funny how divebummer's threads start out as babble but turn into some good entertainment. :lol: Found this link after a buddy sent me the jimmy kimmel link:

GO SHAUN, pretty humble for the best in the business

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RJxzzw8WZXc

old Totally Board footage, mostly :biggthump

Willy - dig your sig...ER was pretty quotable...here's another:

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

She was a badass.

starts tomorrow 9pm

http://expn.go.com/expn/story?pageName=wx11tv

I'm all jacked up on mountain dew!

Whoa! Look out, I think you sat in some cottage cheese. Oh pardon me, that's your ass.

shaun, mackin' on mad flight attendants ! and news ladies ! Mr Fancy Pants !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irCEQH9mOPI&NR

captain buzzkill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCY8mOrkJKs

post-123-141842227582_thumb.jpg

saw the screener for "Smokin' Aces" last night. Guess who's back ?

snow-sniffer Charles De Mar from "Better Off Dead"

"Go that way, really fast; if something gets in your way...turn."

This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?

not a bad flick :biggthumphttp://www.smokinaces.net/

post-123-141842227658_thumb.jpg