Note to New Members ×

TD 2 suspension question

tex1230

I know I've been here for a while...but I've never used a bomber binding.

had Catek OS1 and OS2 and a bunch of burton plates. Now I'm going to buy the TD2's if I can get one answer:

Question:

the e-rings - will I be ok with the medium or do I need the hard?

215-220lbs, moderately aggressive rider.

thanks guys

I weigh ~210lbs. I use the medium (purple) e-rings on my GS board and soft (yellow) on my FC amd AM boards.

IMO, do not get the hard (red) rings. You will not need them. On really cold days, the medium e-rings on the TD2's are stiff as can be, to the point that the binding feels like a TD1.

Doing well, thanks...

How's business?

about to buy a board again...got some boots...bindings are the last step...

kinda nervous about the bombers given Shane G's thread...

thinking Cateks again...but I like bombers for the set it and forget kind of setup...with the cateks I'm constantly fine-tining them...drives my wife NUTS!

190 pounds and a known gear abuser... and I use the soft ones all the way around with no problems.

I find that on powder decks and my ultra-damp Coiler PR 188 Superboard, it doesn't really matter what I use for general freecarving and all-mountain riding. On my other alpine and AM decks the yellow rings make the ride just a bit quieter. I've never done any serious racing and I believe the serioous racers would have more to say.

• 1 month later...

Hey Tex,

Business is good.

Growing slowly but smoothly.

I'm still looking for some stellar shops to carry Rad-Air, so if you know any in your area give me a shout.

I'm the same way about the Bombers and Cateks. bombers = once and done, Cateks = constant fiddling. The weird thing is I'll finally get the Cateks set perfectly and the next time up they feel different. However I do find with the Bombers that I make a lot of adjustments in my riding to account for the not perfect body positioning. Ahhh the endless debate.....because both are awesome bindings!

Thanks,

PS what kind of trader.....commodities, stocks, pez dispensers?

RJ - check your email

plus you may want to try Startingate in Bondville, VT

I'm sure they've heard a tom of Positive stuff about Rad-Air from PSR, but they don't carry much in the way of non-alpine specific boards.

edit: if you get a big order, I'll take a tanker as compensation :biggthump