Note to New Members ×

Buy AAPL

Jack M

double crap "Apple has reinvented the phone!"

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

Read live transcript of Steve Job's annual Apple keynote: http://www.macdailynews.com/macworld_sf_2007_keynote.html

This link has pictures: http://www.macrumorslive.com/

Looks like phones will be priced at $499 for 4G and $599 for 8G. Not cheap, but still good compared to Treo tech. Looks to be linked with Cingular.

Unfortunately, I need to carry a phone for work. But I don't see how a fancy touch screen is an improvement. Then again, all I want is voice, text and an addressbook. No games, no camera, no net access, no photos, no mp3s, no voice recognition, I don't care if the screen has colour. Give me basic functionality, then make it as small and light as possible so I can put it in my pocket.

okay, I just watched the keynote, holy ****

I have never been too techy about phones because I've always felt they were not intuitive enough and I hate treos and blackberries but this thing might be what would change it for me

I hated most mp3 players untill the ipod too and now I can't live without one, maybe Apple has done it again done something that will alter the market place in a positive way, now most mp3 players are pretty good but in 2001 it was not the case.

I have felt that cell phones were desinged by the same people who thought up the controls on old VCRs that made it so all that functionality is never used because the average end user can't figure it out

I hope it lives up to the demonstration and I'll probably buy one after seeing the video and how it works, finally someone thought out a phone that seems as usable as you'd think a phone should be. even a slimmed down version without the ipod functionality but with a camera would be good if it were a little cheaper.

If anybody ever sees me with something like this, or a Treo, they have persmission to shoot me. Call me on the land line or leave me alone!

Now THATZ "old school"! :cool:

Ha! And I thought that I was the only person on the planet who refuses to own a cellphone. I think they're the rudest and most intrusive device ever invented by man ...

Ha! And I thought that I was the only person on the planet who refuses to own a cellphone. I think they're the rudest and most intrusive device ever invented by man ...

Amen sister!

I just find that I can be contacted plenty well enough by phone at home and email. Just responding to phone messages off the land line and email takes up a HUGE part of my day, which I NEVER used to have to spend time at only a few short years ago. I don't want people to be able to get a hold of me anytime anywhere - it takes away from the quality of my life. Another problem as we get more "wired" is that all these devices are giving us the ability to schedule WAY more work for ourselves than we used to - anybody feel like their free time is diminishing?? For those old enough - remember when a person called your home phone and it either rang and rang if you weren't home, or they got a busy signal if you were on it? It wasn't that long ago and everything worked just fine. I'm sure there were experiences I had that are huge important parts of my life that would not have happened if I was tied up in "communications" to no end.

Before the flaming starts - remember - this is my own OPINION...I realize there are people who NEED those connections for work or family...I don't and I am soooo happy about that! Geez - just think of the cool htings I could be doing or cool people I might be meeting if I wasn't sitting here typing this right now. ;)

PS - I think the cell phone was invented by a woman! :p ;)

that link is so accurate....

unknown is showing higher results than linux?

as batron said growth is what's important here and apple has been doing quite well since around 2000, better than the majority of companies in the industry

I bet it's gonna take awhile for this gadjet to catch on but once people see one in hand it will create buzz I think.

it is way ahead of anything I have seen.

Kent, I know where you're coming from, when I saw Zune I said the same thing.

as batron said growth is what's important here and apple has been doing quite well since around 2000, better than the majority of companies in the industry

I bet it's gonna take awhile for this gadjet to catch on but once people see one in hand it will create buzz I think.

it is way ahead of anything I have seen.

haven't people been saying this exact thing about whatever apple comes out with forever?

"bet it's gonna take awhile for this (insert apple product here) to catch on but once people see one in hand it will create buzz I think."

btw, who are the 175 guys running OS/2? and 41 guys running Amiga, isnt there some sound editing program for amiga that is supposed to be good?

Given Skype and an internet connection (wireless or through my phone) my Dell Axim X30hi can do everything that can. I dislike apple products. I guess it's not that I dislike the products, I just dislike the hype about them. I mean, come on, an Ipod is just a freakin mp3 player. And the crap that annoys me the most is that you can buy "Ipod" accessories that have nothing to do with the ipod. A simple cord with a 1/4 stereo jack at each end for plugging into an aux. imput... they call it an Ipod cord... Give me a break.

I'll take my dell axim and my moto e815 any day.

haven't people been saying this exact thing about whatever apple comes out with forever?

"bet it's gonna take awhile for this (insert apple product here) to catch on but once people see one in hand it will create buzz I think."

btw, who are the 175 guys running OS/2? and 41 guys running Amiga, isnt there some sound editing program for amiga that is supposed to be good?

Yup, Apple's strength certainly isn't in the mainstream computing environment (except for print/video/photo graphics and editing), but in iTunes, iPod, and possibly this new phone.

That site (www.thecounter.com) has "Global Statistics" for each month going back a number of years, intersting to watch the changes over time. I use it to guage when to modify the features and designs of my websites to match the majority but still be backwards-compatible with older stuff, and when to finally can a technique or feature all together.

Given Skype and an internet connection (wireless or through my phone) my Dell Axim X30hi can do everything that can. I dislike apple products. I guess it's not that I dislike the products, I just dislike the hype about them. I mean, come on, an Ipod is just a freakin mp3 player. And the crap that annoys me the most is that you can buy "Ipod" accessories that have nothing to do with the ipod. A simple cord with a 1/4 stereo jack at each end for plugging into an aux. imput... they call it an Ipod cord... Give me a break.

I'll take my dell axim and my moto e815 any day.

gotta agree, there. Cell phones can be evil.at least you can just ignore incoming calls( my battery died ;) ). Ipods, same deal.Makes me laugh when people refer to any mp3 device as an "iPod"(like "Kleenex") and who "needs" a camera in thier phone anyway ?

They've had a heck of a long time to grow - they're not doing it very well. See link in response to TT above.

Ummm, you are joking, right ? The stats in that link appear to count only visitors to those sites that have registered with counter.com. I really don't think that would be more accurate that the stats in the article I referred to, which came as a result of market analysis.

'later...