Note to New Members ×

Arbor A-frame

Mallard_with_a_Gun

K...... I realise this may not be the best forum for this question, but I've quickly come to respect the level of expertise found here.

I'm something of an Arbor junkie, and I'm considering adding a A-frame to the recently thinned quiver. What can I say? The board itself is just flat stunning, but I've recieved mixed reports on how it rides, no matter how it looks if it doesn't ride well its junk in my book. I have a very hard time imagining Arbor making anything that doesn't ride like a dream, but hey it could happen.

Also, does anyone know if Arbor has ever made an alpine board? Or if they have any plans to do so?

Hi my name is Randy and I'm an Arbor junkie. Yes I know I have a problem and I'm trying to work on it.... :D

Not only is the a-frame a stunning board but in my opinion it rides very well for a twin tip board. I know there are better freeride boards like probably the tankers etc. but I have not had the chance to ride those. I was an Arbor junkie before I became a carver and I still love them.

Arbor did used to make carving boards but stopped somewhere around 2001. They made the carvers in a 155 and 165. I was able to get my hands on one of each. The 155 is just a wall hanger. I tried riding the 165 but at 220lbs. I was too big for it so I sold it to a friend.

It would be nice if they started making them again because from what I have read about how they use woods like Bamboo and Iron Wood in the cores of current boards, I think they could develop I nice carving board. And with a wood top sheet such as the Hawaiian Koa that would just be sweet!

Arbor Love

I'll post some pics of the carvers when I get to work tomorrow.

post-831-141842223132_thumb.jpg

they are popular here with a few people

I sure do think the grind on some arbors is neat as well but I can't confirm if it works or not since I've not ridden any of the current lineup.

Arbor makes solid rides for sure but I must profess my new found love for the smaller tankers, there's a nice one in the classifieds right now too

I ride one as my regular soft-boot freeride board. Last years model. It's amazing! Best carving soft set-up I've ever ridden (Malamutes & SPX 55). Also works very well in bumps and woods.

I was a little nervous about the length at first, it's my shortest board. But that hasn't been a problem. It rides great... oh, yeah and it's beautiful!

I just bought my wife an Arbor Push 155 for Christmas. Another beautiful board!

I just hope we get some damn snow in the NE so we can break them out. Still sporting the rock gear here.

Happy holidays,

Tom

Very nice Tom! One of my friends bought my old 170 A-Frame then got his wife a Push and his sister just got a Push also. I'm sure your wife will love it, that was rated as the #1 womens board by Transworld.

Here is another pic, from left to right:

A55 all Koa wood

A55 Maple and Koa

A65 Maple and Koa

162 A-Frame

170 A-Frame

post-831-141842223135_thumb.jpg

HELLO ! I too reciently fell in love with the 2007 A-frame. I want it in the 170 , but am having trouble locating one despite it being listed on the Arbor website.

I love all sorts of boards, but this just has that classic beauty to it and from what I hear, it is right up my alley as to the type of board flex and style I love to ride.

It is on my " MUT GET list.... but right now I have yet to even get out on my carve board and hardboots even once as there has been ZERO accumulated snowfall :(

gah.... This year has sucked sofar... I'm hoping for a big sloppy couple of snow dumps in Jan / Feb.

I weigh around 165 lbs, think the 165cm model would work for someone my size? I'd cheerefully scour the globe for one. Its sad, but I literally day dream about buying more Arbor boards.

I'd like to know the answer to that question myself. I can tell you that I have a 155 cm alpine shape and it's too soft for me (I weigh about 155 lbs.). A shame...I got it to ride it, but after hand-flexing, it's just been sitting in my basement.

I think the 165s were built more like the Munoz/A-frame decks, with some carbon fiber reinforcement, so they could be a better bet.

I have a 162 Munoz (the Munoz was the precursor to the A-frame), and mounted with plates, it's still my go-to board on a lot of days. I agree a 170-ish Tanker might be a better solution, but I haven't sampled one yet either.

I finally have gotten over my Arbor addiction by replacing it with a swallowtail addiction.

I have a bunch of A-Frame/S-Series boards and thats pretty much all I rode for a couple years, They're great boards, fairly stiff and will last about 100 days before I 'd notice they've lost their camber (but they were still stiffer than a new Element). I have from a 158 to the 174, but the 170's are my favorites.

I have the a frame 170 that I won (thank you Snowboard Journal) and I love it. Good in powder, but where it really shines is in choppy, cut up powder. It just blasts through anything like it wasn't there.

Another company making boards with a wood topsheet is November Snowboards.

http://www.novemberboards.com/

Never ridden them but boy are they pretty.