Note to New Members ×

Backcountry Splitboard and Climbing Skis

Thor VonRippington

Burton Supermodel 181 with Voile Split Decision kit. **SOLD**

The board was used but in good condition when cut in half. Some of the Voile hardware is mounted and the rest is in a box with all the instructions, templates, and skins. This setup has never been used and will need bindings once completed. Bindings and spare parts can be purchased through BOL Store. http://www.bombersplitboards.com/ Someone just needs to take over this project. It has been sitting idle in my shop for too long.

Sorry, no pics at this time as my camera is on vacation in Alaska (without me)

Rossignol Free Venture Climbing Skis (size 99) **SOLD**

I used these with my Raichle snowboard boots and they work great (even at 200lbs). Just throw them in your pack when you get to the top. The bindings adjust to free heel (with or without climbing bar) or lock down like an alpine binding. The skins are attached to the skis and the only flaw is rusty edges from storage.

post-2309-141842221743_thumb.jpg

post-2309-141842221745_thumb.jpg

Guest Lotus SE

Isn't the Supermodel 181 a cap design?

If so, I would think the structural integrity of the board would be completly shot after being cut in half...

=2 noodles while skiing, or 2 noodles bolted together while boarding...

• 1 year later...
Isn't the Supermodel 181 a cap design?

If so, I would think the structural integrity of the board would be completly shot after being cut in half...

a fair question, my first thoughts were similar, missed the original price so that can make all the difference though

• 2 weeks later...

Heck, I'd like to be in line for the approach skis after Spiny Norman and Dr. D. I'd have asked earlier but thought Spiny Norman was going to buy 'em for sure.

If neither of these two gentlemen decides to buy, I'll take them.

once upon a time Voile used to explicitly waarn about splitting cap boards. Can't see how it couldn't make a difference. But i was soundly jeered on splitboard.com for suggesting same.

- S

I wouldn't be one of them...my split is a cap board. 178 Oxygen, to be exact. Makes little difference on cap-vs-sandwich. Light wood cores, however, do make a difference in puck retention.

• 2 weeks later...