Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Ya Guy!

I just won the race. 81 winterstick inna supa tight wicked offset totally ice slallom. no fkin jok. there was a bunch of other dudes that was gonna race me but dey got scairt an left. I was the bravestest snowboarder in all of the usa an i won. did i tell you it was steep. needed a ice axe it was so icy. i had both the fastest and the slowest time. did i tell you it was steep an icy? the winterstick sux on ice, but i dont care. shudda used my ice pirhana, but i left it in the hot tub with my panther, my puma and my lynx. i was an owner ya no. the 158 woulda been the right tool, but i won without it. no one else was as brave as me. i only talk about what i know and what i kno best is me. i could go on and on...

I am the aspen rep for virus, catek and kessler so I deal with all the shops in aspen that carry alpine gear... :smashfreaI also sponsored an after party at the SES.... :eek: you know, cause I live here and all...

I would ride hardboots but I haven't found a way to scam my way into some gear yet, trust me though I am working on it!

what will he think of next....

DR.B is this apparatus yours ???????????????????

If so how much to rent for a week ? I've been clearing land all week and have two big piles of bucked logs, waiting to be picked up. My buddy who is an tree arborist thinks It could be around $5-$6k worth of wood if I chop it and split it, when I'm done with the rest of the tree's.

Been making it rain all week with (2) Stihl MS390's, Bobcat T320 track loader with grapple, Bobcat 442 excavator with mechanical thumb. Once all the trees are gone, then comes in the Komatsu pc300, for tree stump popping, foundation excavating and septic system. Wesport Site Development is a well oiled machine ! I'd be FUHHKIN done if the my buddies Fecon forestry mulcher didn't go down last week, so will have to burn all the brush.

GFY's !

Still waiting; but in the interim:
Edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !
OCD

MJD!

What, you don't recognize me without my toque, Oakleys, and beard?

This is one of those "What I built on my summer vacation" projects.

It's top heavy, and has no brakes, so it's not yet suited for any real distance.

Where are the logs? I might be interested in a bulk purchase, depending on location, diameter, and species.

Edited by Beckmann AG

It's top heavy, and has no brakes, so it's not yet suited for any real distance.

ultimate shade tree tinker mech...mig, tig, stick, lathes, bridgeports, hardboot manifesto, bikes, etc etc......nice work erik all of it

DR.B,

Im about 70% done, so I will guestimate about a 18 wheeler sized load. Diameter of the logs that Im not burning are in the 6"-12", everything smaller I will burn along with all the brush. As far as the feces of the tree's I have allot of white oak and Elm tree's, and some pine trees.

Location is Wesport MA, Just east of Newport RI and Little Compton RI.

Putting something on Craigslist tonight.

GFY's

LOVE JMFD!

MJD!

What, you don't recognize me without my toque, Oakleys, and beard?

Where are the logs? I might be interested in a bulk purchase, depending on location, diameter, and species.

Location is Wesport MA, Just east of Newport RI and Little Compton RI.

Putting something on Craigslist tonight.

A bit further than I would send the Western Star @6mpg.

(To be safe, I usually figure ~12cd yield from Tri-axle and pup.)

---

Thanks Stevo. Just trying to be/feel useful.

Adding more video as time permits.

^

Not mine. Though the most recent videos were shot on that site, working up a supply for the outdoor boiler.

That firewood operation is on rented ground. He's running a Multitek, I think it's an older 2020?

I'm working on a much smaller scale.

The property itself is owned by a friend of mine. I do some mechanical work for his logging operation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enough about lucic, let's talk about me!

Actually let me tell you GoOns, a good GoOn story.

So about three weeks ago I'm clearing some land to build a house. My team and I were running like a heavily modified cummins. Like shock and awe bombing, it was shock and awe logging. It was a blast and was on pace to finish a week ahead of schedule. Until..............my wifes cousin shows up one Day to "help out"

So the GUY shows up like he's ready to go pump some weights with a brand spakin new pair of work boots on. The 1st thing he asks me is were are the chainsaws......? I thought to myself who the fuhck with half a brain is dying to run a chainsaw????????????? I replied, listen GUY I dropped and bucked about 18 trees the previous in the pouring rain and was hoping to get caught up on the brush burning. His second comment was why I only had one 12' brush fire going???????? So I tried to expla

GFYS

WOW THAT WAS WEIRD, I tried posting that about two weeks ago and it posted by itself, well at least half of it. I guess I'll finish the story.

explain how much work one 15' brush fire is, especially with one guy around. SO he tells me hes gonna show me how to start a real fire. He goes over to my truck and pulls out 5 gallons of 93 octane. As he's dumping 5 gallons of gas on top of a 20' high brush pile, he tells me this is how he used to burn down houses and cars back in the day. throws, or should i say trows a match on top of it, then ignition !!!!! a huge explosion, so he start walking back to my truck and says thats how you start a fire.................... well by the time " my cousin vinny" gets back to my truck the fuel had burned off, and the fire was out. he was stunned, and said "wow thats some stubborn brush you have there ". He then tells me to start a second fire, while he would keep an eye on the fire that was already going, and all i had to do was feed it a couple grapple fulls of brush every 20 minutes or so. Know Im running around like an idiot basically entertaining this guy like he was a house guest. he wanted two fires so he got two fires. basically for me twice the work, going from fire to fire, piling on the brush. know back to the chainsaw, i finally give in, this guy must have asked me 10 time if we were going to drop a tree. I give in, i bring him over to a tree and spray paint out the notch that he need to cut out. I told him to get started with the notch, and i would be there in 20 minutes to push the tree over after the notch was done, and some back cutting. i should have got the drift as he just started pulling on the pull cord or the saw, with even knowing what a choke lever is. So fire up teh saw and give him the saw............shame on me, im thinking this guy thought that a chainsaw would just start up, especially it being 45 degrees out. crawl the excavator across the yard to the fire and start filing on brush to the fires. i turn around and i see smoke coming from the tree, know im like what the fuhhk could he be doing now!!!!!! as i get closer i see that the bar is purple, and the chain is smoking......... i get closer and tap him on the should and asking him wtf are you doing. he was basically trying to burn his way through the tree, or should i say tru da tree. in the 20 minutes i left him alone, he was running my saw full throttle with the chain barely touching the tree. Like a violinist playing his instrument, politely caressing the tree gently with a chainsaw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his reply to me asking wtf he was doing " where gettin there, what a stubborn tree " i was ready to kill him, so i take it you've never run a chainsaw before? No but it was fun he replies. Then the saw dies, i figured, good the saw ran out of fuel. he says back to me, no it already ran out of fuel and i filled it up with that red can over there, im know thinking how the hell he started the saw back up, but anything was possible this day. then it hits me, which ready can GUY.................??????????????? that big one, i used what was left in the red can that i went thru to try and start the fire. So you ran straight gas in the saw, he looks at and smiles, "yeah you dip**** what else would i use, oil..................???????????" I then check the bar and and chain fluid, bone dry. Needless to say that saw was FUUHHHHHHHHHKED UP, ruined, wrecked, etc, etc. 3 weeks old, trashed. Thanks for coming, come back soon............................ I look back, and think im lucky im still alive !!!!