Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Log book JDMFB edit please.

Still running the JDMFBSOGFYS with the bindings.

The boots on the otha hand, need to be documented by someone other than my therapist. :eek:

Front foot: 1.5 of outward cant, heel lift pads under the foot bed, no grinding fit like a glove.

Rear foot: no canting, heel lift pads under the foot bed, and the #8 forward lean heal wedge. a couple trips to Richelsons for some light grinder work. Contemplating locking out the forward lean mechanism.

The bad new is, after finally getting some good hard days in them on some steep terrain, I cracked one shell after the toe box on my rear foot. So Dalbello is sending me a new pair this week, so I can break in another pair for the 2nd half of the season :biggthump The good news is they let me keep my liners and foot beds.

Also, this saturday I rented MO the Clown from 5-6, for Mack's B-day party. If any of you GOon clowns want to come and suck down some whiskey, and heckle this guy with Mojo and I your more than welcome.

The boots on the otha hand, need to be documented by someone other than my therapist.

Please to post photo of 'un-good shoe'.

Did you happen to quantify your final boot ramps, and are they the same front and rear?

(I've got 5 in front, 6.7 in back)

Also; toe lift? *Heel lift? Be not stingy w/data points.

As is customary; GFYS?

Dr. Beckman,

I will try to get a picture up later this weekend. To attempt to answer your question about my boot ramp. I had rubber wedges under my footbeds on both feet. My rear foot I was using an 8* heel wedge. The boots still felt flat, compared to the Deeluxes, but I was getting used to them. Tonight Im meeting the rep for my replacement pair, I am definitely going to try the forward flex lockout's. I did feel that sometime i was over flexing the boots on my too side turns.

Dr. John Deere !

p.s GFYS!

Definition of QUANTIFY

transitive verb

1a (1) : to limit by a quantifier (2) : to bind by prefixing a quantifier b : to make explicit the logical quantity of

2: to determine, express, or measure the quantity of

— quan·ti·fi·able \ˌkwän-tə-ˈfī-ə-bəl\ adjective

See quantify defined for English-language learners »

Examples of QUANTIFY

It is difficult to quantify intelligence.

Doctors have quantified the risks of smoking cigarettes.

It is impossible to quantify the number of Web sites on the Internet.

Dr Beckman AG,

True the boots do match the jacket, Hulk green. Its a clear team violation, which I lobbied for and got the bill passed back in 2008. Rule 33, section A 1st line of the 1st paragraph, got it, I wrote the ting.

Function: After finally getting a good 2-3 days of undisturbed riding, I love the boots. The main issue I was having was breaking my bails and I almost pulled the plug on them. the Bail failure had nothing to do with the performance of the boots, just the stiffness along with a plate, and a very stiff board. Spoke with the Irish assasin about it and softened the plate up and no problems the last 4-5 times out. :biggthump I actually had one of my favorite tools out this morning, the PANZER file, rounding of one of the toe, to eliminate some over hang.

Fashion: LOOK SHARP, RACE SHARP ! :1luvu:

No seriously, bought the jacket on a clearance rack at the Burton outlet, and the boots seemed to be a better fit for me than the Full Tilts. My foot matched the toe box width perfectly with the Dalbello's. If I went with the Full Tilts, my foot would have been jammed up in the toe box. I finally pulled the trigger on the Dalbello's after talks with a Full Tilt sales guy from Lahouts, and then my chat with my boot fit GUY Brian from Richelsons. + Both guys said the Dalbello's were a better quality boot.

SO GFYS !!!!

I'll be on Basin st today setting a Slalom.

GFYS again !!!!

Comments on function v. fashion?

So... the Full Tilt will fit a raccoon, while the Dalbello is Hobbit worthy? Good to know.

The main issue I was having was breaking my (bails) and I almost pulled the plug on them. the (Bail) failure had nothing to do with the performance of the boots, just the stiffness along with a plate, and a very stiff board.

((Typos))?.

Front binding, rear binding?

A PANZYER file? Is the Porta-Band out on loan?

In the Dept. of Serious Dept: If the only way to avoid bail breakage is to introduce more 'give' to the system, you might, and I mean might, want to consider the 'directions' in which you are loading your clamps. This is not to suggest or imply, any doubt as to your status as a rider, gate trundler, rouser of rabble, or BOL wordsmith. Rather, if the Hulkish appearance belies any semblance of Hulkish aggression, those bails will be looking for the nearest exit despite the 'Smores.

And T32 has suffered enough bodily harm over the years.

Thanks for additional points on the curve of binding energy.

(Still awaiting that photo of the broken boot...)

So... the Full Tilt will fit a raccoon, while the Dalbello is Hobbit worthy? Good to know.

((Typos))?.

Front binding, rear binding?

** It was rear binding heal bail on all of the failures. Another modifi-tinkler-cation I made was I switched to the yellow elastomers instead of the reds that I have always used. As foolish as that might sound to some, I can feel the difference, but I'm pissed because they don't match my jacket, nor my boots !

A PANZYER file? Is the Porta-Band out on loan?

I don't know where in Maine you are from, but we both spelled PANZA wrong, GUY.....

** It was at 4:30am this morning, didn't want to wake the neighbors, so the Stihl MS460 was out of the question and The WIF was still sleeping, so my second favorite tool of all time, the Milwakee 6509-21 variable speed sawzall was not an option, so the trustworthy PANZA was my only choice. Did you know I used a sawzall, to do the trim work in my 1st house. I'm a highly skilled Sawzall operator ! I actually scare myself with some of the magic I can do with a sawzall, fhuck one day I even made it rain with the thing. Just saying :eek:

In the Dept. of Serious Dept: If the only way to avoid bail breakage is to introduce more 'give' to the system, you might, and I mean might, want to consider the 'directions' in which you are loading your clamps. This is not to suggest or imply, any doubt as to your status as a rider, gate trundler, rouser of rabble, or BOL wordsmith. Rather, if the Hulkish appearance belies any semblance of Hulkish aggression, those bails will be looking for the nearest exit despite the 'Smores.

** No offense taken, I know that $hit will break, and I know when I'm putting added stresses on my equipment, thats why I made some minor changes. Its funny a couple small changes always seem to do the trick. the PANZA craftsmanship was a nice modification.

And T32 has suffered enough bodily harm over the years.

** YA think ?

Thanks for additional points on the curve of binding energy.

** Just doing whatever I can for the progression of this wonderful sport.

(Still awaiting that photo of the broken boot...)

** let me know your email, and I will will send the pic's directly from my phone. Still figuring out the new Mac, so haven't been able to download pic's from my phone just yet. You gott asee the stunt my boot fitter pulled on my new shells, I almost threw up. he heated the toe box, and reshaped where the big toe is on the shell. So both of my shells, which are hulk green, have the shape of the big toe on each boot, ***kin horrible looking. I look like I have the gout. BTW, did you know my boots are the same color as my hulk green jacket ?? Let me know about your email and Ill get those pic's right OVA to you, OVA ! :biggthump

** It was rear binding heal bail on all of the failures. Another modifi-tinkler-cation I made was I switched to the yellow elastomers instead of the reds that I have always used. As foolish as that might sound to some, I can feel the difference, but I'm pissed because they don't match my jacket, nor my boots !

Had that rear bail problem years ago. Found a solution.

RED (front) + YELLOW(rear)=HULK; you're good to go.

(I would go red front, blue back, however).

...so the Stihl MS460 was out of the question...

Figured you'd go straight for the 660 w/.404 skip; or better yet, the slasher saw on a Timbermilf processor.

All I had to work with was a worn-out snapping turtle...

PM'd in short order.

True the boots do match the jacket, Hulk green. Its a clear team violation, which I lobbied for and got the bill passed back in 2008. Rule 33, section A 1st line of the 1st paragraph, got it, I wrote the ting.

GFYS again !!!!

What has happended to the Team 32 I use to respect? Mr John Deer looks like he came out of a fashion show, yeah I know I look like a smurf but I do not have a T32 sticker so I am in no violation. I thought all T32 drinks is PBR, I caught Mr John Deer with some beer with an orange in it. There has got to be some serious violation if a T32 member is caught with fruit in a beer. I must say, my respect for T32 is dropping.

If I recall correctly there was more going on 2 years ago with,ATV's, diesel trucks and chain saws. Now we have a bunch of fashion queens trolling for Jersey cougars.

I expected more from you guys...

GFY

Let's hear the excuses...

easy there gun powda.......

while you and Jack were shopping on line for Arc-Terx under roos, I happen to have a couple oil burning conversations. One with the Schurmanator and his new TD1, with $hitty snow tires. My second conversation was with Alex and me possibly purchasing his Ram over the summer.

For the record, and under T32 oath. I was trying to get my vitamin C for the day, I was a little short on my daily value. I was on PBR's the rest of my ECES visit, you can even ask our favorite waitress AGNES.

ATV's are for fat kids, Lynn and I were talking KTM's and killing ourselves at my track in the spring.

So GFY...............

In all seriousness, the ECES crew and team Arc-Terx once again you put on an awesome event ! Thanks again, hopefully next time it wont snow during the week.

Speaking for myself, if it aint brite, it aint right...the hulk green brightens tings up...no one gives joerg shoit for his traffic-cone orange..trying to find that perfect GFY blend of attire isnt easy....my fedayeen black slacks didnt hold a candle to Nate's Jacobellis dungarees...said he scraped them off da floor afta a good nite at da rivah with Lindsey...maybe she does give good helmut after all

MRJD!?!,

Dossier received.

That molding flash is sharp enough to carve the honey ham at your next cookout. Combine that with the acute curve, and you have a really good stress riser. The boot shell is going to 'twist' a bit as you load it sideways, and that will lead to cracking in the future unless you either reinforce the shell (awkward, fashion fo' paw and a bit gommy), or at the very least, smooth that corner so as to diffuse the stress.

Apologies if this comes as no surprise...

The Attachment Mismanager function seems to be buggy, otherwise I would post a photo with similar damage on my boot, the partial fix, and also a chainsaw to soothe Geoff's aching loins.

I rode WV highcountry from 10 to 3 today and it was the best all year, get out there. I tried pushing my front boot down with my right hand for a better turn on heel side, I'm regular, and wow did the board turn quickly. Best regards and gfy p.s. I have vid of a working wood processor at an undisclosed local location and would like to post it here if it is ok, so some of you folks can remember the good old days.

Edited by RobertAlexander

Why does everyone keep insulting my intelligence and my plaid vest on here? Me breaking my board is upsetting enough, insults are not needed. I stated that it fell out I think, not sure, that is different from me not installing it correctly. I am sorry I don't live up to all of you anal retentive a-holes who spend hours inspecting and polishing their high end equipment.....ahhh classic bol drivel

:lol: