Note to New Members ×

Found This Gem of Wisdom in a Myspace Group....

NMU Alpine Boarder

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, yeah...

I take fun too seriously, I guess.

Sorry for polluting the electroweb with my s#!t.

Speaking on what this post was really about, we'll only know when we're all at the Wrinkly Raisins Retirement Villa, shuffling around sideways, in a tuck.

P.S. Billy and I don't so s#!t for less than 50% of the gross.

Utter nonsense. boxing_smiley.gif

I love this s#!t.

As a guy with a whopping "four years" in teaching, you may have noticed the ability for kids to learn snowboarding with just about any stance they're given.

The thought that arose from that observation (in a group of 5, with about a 100+ years of teaching, collectively)".

Pretty much when I stoped caring what you said. If you and your hundred years (collectivly)are more important then others that post so be it. Many of you comments are lame towards others.

I cant help but see as the Pres Of any thing you should respect the fact any one can accomplish any thing in the easy world of teaching in one or four years.. if you can't respect others or the commitment they made to teaching and your the pres of CASI you'll get none from me.

I think your just some tech geek that likes the valadation you recive here becuase most of the BOL population are newbees or intermedates, I'm not and I think you just keep spilling what you think is important etc. I dont see it the same way. I have real experance and a real background in the sport. Not some online persona I care about.

If you beleive I have no respect for people online great. Lets meet in person. I may come across harsh online but I tend to have a huge group of riding friends so you figure it out. I am sure we will get alone fine but I will still think your a teck geek and MY issue with that is you beleive you have it right. Or think you have enough info to convince your self and thoose around you. Thats cool I am sure you have lots of fun talking about all the snowboard stuff around beers. I am not that guy I stopped being that guy when I stopped running Snowboard schools because I love to snowboard not arguee about the best way to teach it!!

You your self understand what a twisted little world 95% off all commited instrutors live in and you as the pres get to wear the uber qeek hat. Based on that fact.

I think most of your post have sarcastic belittling over tones. And I'll call you on it every time.

If you want to keep quoting me and such so be it. I have nothing going on intill it gets windy every day....I haven't even bothered editing any thing I write thats how I roll... :boxing_sm

I have lots of ideas online and I have lots of Ideas about snowboarding.

If I dont agree with yours I am not hoping you'll come back and set me straight. I never Paid for a lesson nor do I want one from you.

Look man, I probably just stopped thinking after I got served for saying something that people think is worth a few civil words was "utter nonsense". Most are going to get defensive when they get called out like that. I can guarantee that a more even response would have been given if there had been some respect shown. I guess I was no better for coming back at him the way I did, though.

Jack seems cool and I give him credit for not roasting me for my post back. He probably thought I was a real dick for that statement and he's right. It's just hard to not react sometimes.

You on the other hand are a real piece of work.

Talk about beaking out the Pedigree... I get it, you're a first class Gnar Shredder and Conveyor of Gnar.

I don't want to be too hard on you, though... it could be possible that you were "taken advantage of" by some AASI priest back in your altarboy days and never got the counselling you needed.

You could also use some help with the "stream of conciousness" thing you've got going here. You're bang on, Billy, you must not read what you write because you contradict yourself so often. Maybe that's why you're going off on me... you don't read your own posts... why should you read mine?

***To the Community*** I guess my previous post of putting a bullet in this exchange is not really accurate. If you all want, we can take it outside, but the ticket price just went up to $5.

He probably thought I was a real dick for that statement and he's right. It's just hard to not react sometimes.

I dont know how Jack feels but that sure was my first immpression of you!

You on the other hand are a real piece of work.

Sure, every one here is Yourself include, that why we come here.

Talk about beaking out the Pedigree... I get it, you're a first class Gnar Shredder and Conveyor of Gnar.

I never said that and I do take offence to you at the same scale it appears you do to me. No one ever hurt me and it not your profession I have issue with its you, I even helped with lots of PSIA input and I just understand their is alot in the entire world of alpine snowboarding. and my veiws come from there. I never said I shcralped the gnar. I only said I have made a life long commetment to the sport in all aspects possible. If you assume I have learned from those experance then you are correct.

Look I really dont enjoy this type of thread, I was just offended by your comments to my self and others in several threads and took the time to point it out. Thanks for thinking about it. I have been around this community for a long time and consider it a friendly place to speak my mind at any level nessacery. Consider there are people here with different Ideas. I'm cool with yours and only stated mine. Like I said we would probably get along fine in person but we are writing on line.

Also just because I or some one else disagrees with you doesn't mean we want to arguee about it, or be corrected. There are thousands of ways to do the same thing on a snowboard some work better for some people some work better for others. Its very hard to disscuss any thing online.

I don't want to be too hard on you, though... it could be possible that you were "taken advantage of" by some AASI priest back in your altarboy days and never got the counselling you needed.

But it seems to me you beleive to have more knowledge then me and and that just burns me. Why should you think that way. I get where you are coming from but your not my instructor nor do I think you should act that way. You don't want to be to hard on me??

Just like I mentioned before I am not a student.

Come on dude. Perhaps I really know as much as you. I assumed you were a peer when you repetitly mentioned your back ground.

But I sure feel as though you don't even consider it?

It may just be who you are is a person or it may be how I read what you write. I assume its the latter. But every time you say things with overtones as such I notice and respond.

Do we understand each other or do you have any questions or points?

For those of us that actually breathe mountain air everyday, there is an unwritten rule. Once the flatlanders (i.e. media) start using our language it passes colloquial and becomes banal; a litmus test for all things uncool, if you will.

"Schralping the Gnar" hit Truckee marketing two years ago. Therefore we no longer schralp.

We lost the term "epic" in '96. '95 was, of course, epic. Apparently noone in the marketing dept at the Heave has a dictionary anyhow.

You guys have made your point.

Rob- we all get hackles when someone calls out one of our own.

Billy- we've seen your switch pictures.

I'm not suggesting humble pie garnished with an olive branch but how about a pow wow in the trees.

Now I'm going to reread WW's paste of Colorado.

only thing I wanna "duck" is a rope after a big dump.

I ride "toes out" on my kiteboard but it's unavoidable.

pronated,supernated,cant this cant that...whatever

if ya need hostile threads, go to TGR and JONG out

btw, I suck at riding fakie, backwards,left foot in the back, whatever ya wanna call it

now, go read my post about the puke fest in summit county, y'all :barf:

Unless you want to use a monoskiing stance, something has to twist if you want to look where you're going. You can take an alpine stance, and twist each stage of your body a few degrees at a time until you're facing forward, or you can take the duck stance and (a) twist each level of your body even more to get facing forward, or (b) twist your neck 90 degrees. Which do you think is going to result in more medical complications?

Of course, you could just not look where you're going, and then you won't need to twist your body at all. But this approach, when mixed with high speed riding, has been shown to cause legal complications.

Frankly I find the whole premise to be somewhere between dubious and preposterous. Show me a long-time snowboarder with hip problems and I'll show you someone who spent their teenage years skateboarding. Then we can talk about where his hip trouble came from. There is a growing body of evidence that snowboarding can lead to ass-over-teakettle, which has been conclusively proven to cause to all kinds of medical problems. If you want to walk comfortably in your old age, I submit that your stance angles are the least of your concerns.

My main sport is kendo, Japanese fencing, where we are taught a stance with both feet parallel, or as close as we can get. I wonder if that's not partly why I like so little splay? I'm sure that people who naturally walk duck-footed like more splay, their knees would probably feel awkward or restricted in my stance.

funny you should say that...my favorite MA is SMRJodo which taught me a similar stance...it changed so much about the way I do other sports, especially boardsports. My surfing, skating and snowboarding stances all shifted after three years of training. The time in Jodo also made any time on an aikido mat very dificult as my stance was so not like what I had learned years before which was rather duck (Jodo also seriously altered/messed with my ma-ai but that's another story).