Note to New Members ×

Vintage Sims Fozzy 157 on the Bay...

quest4powder

i'd say that 99 is a bad deal on that, i paid AUD$102.5 for mine and it has the exact same bindings.

Decent board, short turning circle. Good for a beginner but a little soft for heavyweights. I learnt to carve on this board but it is now to turny for me.

I'm sick of fighting about this... do what you like...just expect a little disapproval from me :D

But I'll take you up on the powder stashes :biggthump I'll even share the ones I know (being stuck on the ice coast there aren't too many)

That board is not worth the opening price, IMHO

you crack me up, tex. Not worth the opening price, and yet...youre pissed that someone shared the info?

make up your mind.

and...a complete board with bindings isnt worth $99?

talk about cheapskates! oh yeah...youre an accountant right? or...financial advisor...same thing ;)

crack me up

you miss the point D...

I don't think anyone is doing any favors by posting stuff like this. My opinion on that has never changed.

The second part of my statement was simply agreeing with Tcross - $99 plus shipping for a 10+ year old board in questionable condition with POS plastic bindings is, in my opinion, too high. And Tcross paid about $75 usd for the same setup.

talk about cheapskates! oh yeah...youre an accountant right? or...financial advisor...same thing ;)

crack me up

I advise people not to spend their money foolishly :eplus2:

but...they ARE doing a favor for someone who might not have found it themselves

my point was...if you dont want it, think its too high, then why worry about if someone is pointing it out?

I understand what youre saying, and it just makes no sense to me. Yes...if more people know, more people might bid, but yet again I'll make the free market argument.

I dont think sims bindings were really POS, and $100 for a board with bindings is an amazing price to me.

Actually for the retro band, there is also a Ride Kildy on the bay of E at the moment as well...currently about $20 or something; t bolted 3 hole pattern mind you.

As for those plastic bindings; I have snapped and busted a far few boards, and that was using these bindings which after 13 years and probably a total of 300 days on them are still fine in every respect. My previous bindings I burned through about 4 sets in 2 years.

I am not a heavy guy; the clip locks onto itself rather than using pressure against the boot; those bindings are fine for someone of average or less than average weight IMHO.

For $100 seems like an OK deal to me.

I'm not stirring the pot, but someone once called that avitar "the dancing turd".

Speaking of turd, anyone see the South Park episode "Vote or Die" with P-Diddy and the Turd Sandwich was running for school mascot vs. the Giant Douche??? One of my favorites!

--Hugh

Perhaps I'm missing something here. Maybe it's just some fun ribbing between tex and quest. Maybe there's another post that explains this in more detail?

Why a problem with sharing carving gear on ebay here? I RARELY go to ebay to look at snowboard gear. If I want to browse for used goods, I'm almost always here first. Hell, I actually bid on an ebay item that I found HERE first! That link WAS helpful for me (even though I didn't win the item :freak3: ). Curious?

• 4 weeks later...