Note to New Members ×

Is that a snowboard?

Sinecure

Hilarious.

Ebay Listing

~~~~I DONT REALLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS,SO ALL I AM GOING TO DO IS TRY AND EXPLAIN IT THANKYOU.RIGHT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THIS IS A SNOWBOARD(AND THAT THIS COULD BE A PROFESSIONAL ONE)TO BE HONEST I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS, I HAVE HAD AN EMAIL FROM ANOTHER EBAYER TELLING ME IT IS A MONO SKI,WHAT EVER THIS IS,I DONT KNOW, THIS IS AROUND 74INCHES LONG,THAT I BELIEVE IS AROUND 150CMS,IT IS 9 INCHES WIDE AT THE TOP(AROUND 18CMS),THE MIDDLE IS 7 1/2 INCHES WIDE(AROUND 15CMS)AND THE BOTTOM IS 6INCHES WIDE(AROUND 12CMS)AT THE TAIL PART IS SQUARE,AND THE TOP IS SORT OF ROUNDED,THE COLOUR OF IT IS IN FLUENSCENT COLOURS,PINK,ORANGE,GREEN,YELLOW,IT HAS 2 ANIMAL PICTURES ON IT,I THINK THESE ARE STICKERS,IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOARD THERE ARE 2 THINGS WHERE YOU PUT YOUR FEET(OR BOOTS)THESE CAN BE HALTERED AT THE TOP AND BOTTOM,YOU JUST HAVE TO LIFT THE CATCH TO REQUIRE YOUR SIZE,SAME AT THE TOP,AT THE SIDE OF THE FASTENERS IS 2 LIKE LEAVERS,1 ON EACH SIDE,THE NAME ON THE FASTNERS SAYS ,LOOK,THE BOTTOM OF THE BOARD IS BLACK,THIS COMES IN A DIFFERENT COLOURED BAG WHICH SAYS LOOK ON IT,THIS IS IN EXCON,IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS ITEM PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK,AND I WILL TRY MY BEST TO ANSWER THEM,AND REPLY ASAP,THANKYOU FOR LOOKING AT THIS ITEM.THE PERSON WHO WINS THE ITEM CAN ALSO COLLECT IT ~~~~

47_3.JPG

• Like 1

This is a monoski. I think from the seventies, begin eighties. Just very hard to ski on. Have seen a few in France, La Plagne, at the beginning of the eighties. After that haven't seen them since.

By the way the skisuits had that same fluorescent colors then :barf:

So if you have enough energy left to learn this thing, buy it :D

Greets, Hans.

should be those colors, as an old skool 80s skiing style is all I've seen people do on them anyway. I saw a few at Deer Valley when I was there this season. All the disadvantages of a snowboard with all the disadvantages of skis. They just looked so sad. I didn't see one in powder though.

BobD

My brother has one and hauls it out once a year. I saw a video of a woman on one. It must have been taken 25=30 years ago but she was ripping up the bumps as well as anyone I've ever seen.

There's one guy who regularly rides one at Okemo but it's not fun to watch.

Nope, Vuarnets.

Oh, and I wasn't actually asking what it was. I'm very familiar. In case you misunderstood, I was playing on the questions/comments we all get in the lift line.

My buds Mikeski & Jimski, both from Boston, ride Monoskis exclusively. You might see them at Attitash or Sunday River on any given weekend and they both rip.and speaking of Vuarnets and "old school"..........

riders who wear white Vuarnets just don't think that way. "I could have chased big dollars," says Burt, "especially in the heyday of the sport, when there were 300 snowboard companies and lots of opportunity. I was riding instead. And I'm a pretty happy camper because of it." http://outside.away.com/outside/magazine/200102/200102tomburt1.html

post-123-141842218266_thumb.jpg

We're actually offering a line of monoskis next season. It's a small niche market, but I do get requests for them every year. I built monoskis for 3 different companies from 1995 to 2000. We'll see how it goes. We have them posted on the web site; take a look.

Monoskiing has a really bad rap for neon one piece suits. Those who monoski are usually fanatical about how much they love it. I did a couple days at Heavenly Valley this year. I had a good time, but my ski boots hurt so bad it sort of ruined the trip.

I saw a Donek Monoski in the wild last weekend. There's a guy in Tahoe who is a rep for Snowshark and he had one from Sean. It had rounded tail corners and a slightly turned up tail (different from every other monoski I've ever seen - looked a bit like an Axis, but not really). It also didn't look like it had as much taper as monskis usually do.

Sean,

What are the equivalent sidecut radii on those? (i know there have been SCR calculators posted, but...:sleep: )

Twin series

168 - 10.67m

175 -11.75m

182 - 12.8m

FreeRide Series

171 - 14.7m

177 - 16m

185 - 17.65m

I saw a Donek Monoski in the wild last weekend. There's a guy in Tahoe who is a rep for Snowshark and he had one from Sean. It had rounded tail corners and a slightly turned up tail (different from every other monoski I've ever seen - looked a bit like an Axis, but not really). It also didn't look like it had as much taper as monskis usually do.

Probably Lee Dube. I'm trying to provide a more modern shape and look to the skis. The twin series has taper more comparable to a twin tip alpine ski and the freeride is closer to some of the shapes I did in the 90's. We'll offer a pin tail (extreme taper) by next season as well.

Probably Lee Dube. I'm trying to provide a more modern shape and look to the skis. The twin series has taper more comparable to a twin tip alpine ski and the freeride is closer to some of the shapes I did in the 90's. We'll offer a pin tail (extreme taper) by next season as well.

Yes, he said his name was Doobie. Great name.

I tried Alpining but it just isn't my thing. However I, like the alpiner, am after the pure carve. There have been some signific improvements in the mono world, but, I think pure carving boards are just getting developed recently. "Boot Out" is the biggest problem with the narrower boards,(risers help some) and if the board is wide enough to achieve steep edge angles it's then slow edge to edge. I ride an older Rossignol "Throttle" mounted mono style. When I'm out on the hill I seek out any alpiner I see to hang out with.With the right conditions I can hang fairly well.

My latest toy is a 165 Skwal 8M radius. FUN TOY and getting me closer to that elusive body part touching pure carve. I hope to attend some of SES next year and learn some carving tricks.

P.S. I don't wear a 1 piece

http://www.monoski.net/

DaveESPI Ponders this statement.

DaveESPI Surmises: ".... no, not really. :smashfrea

DaveESPI Retorts: "Pipe down ya 2 sticker !" :boxing_sm

I wouldn't stress that haterade, dave....

The argument could be had that we are loser geeks for hanging out on a internet forum, but, at least, it's a forum of a pursuit we enjoy. What kind of loser purposely joins forums of things he hates just so he can flame?

Answer-somebody with a tiny penis :sleep:

i saw a guy at wachusett on a monoski and he was ripping it. He's been at it for well over 15 years and his ski was pretty vintage. He said the wipeouts are epic when you do have one. Impossible to recover.

also about skeez rule's signiture, I dunno if you can out carve most of the guys here. Ive seen some pretty sick videos of carving in steeps, fakie carving and what not. I say someone should challenge you to a CARVE OFF!! :ices_ange

i saw a guy at wachusett on a monoski and he was ripping it. He's been at it for well over 15 years and his ski was pretty vintage. He said the wipeouts are epic when you do have one. Impossible to recover.

also about skeez rule's signiture, I dunno if you can out carve most of the guys here. Ive seen some pretty sick videos of carving in steeps, fakie carving and what not. I say someone should challenge you to a CARVE OFF!! :ices_ange

Gleb, :nono:

don't need to encourage "Mr. Tiny Pecker", he's always going to be jealous of the "big boys" around here...

I volunteer to represent us...at least he won't need a sock to have a bigger package than me