Note to New Members ×

WTB swallowtail/longboard...

Jon Dahl

Over the course of this summer I want to put together 1-2 swallowtails and one longboard, 180+, for loaners to get people interested in pow riding at the next level. These will be loaners so I hope to buy them at a reasonable price 'cause I don't know how this will go over, I have some pig-headed friends who don't even understand alpine, much less the real world of deep pow riding! So, whatcha got??

These kinda boards are very hard to part with, good luck finding some! i absolutely love mine, and ive seen the awesome conversion power boards like this have. If you get your friends on one, they wont ever want off. ever.

Keep your eyes open on ebay - I just scored a 172 for cheap - they are starting to pop up...

Call around to shops that carry lib tech - especially on the east coast. they usually have a doughboy or grocer sitting around at the end of the season. (I think Lib still makes the shops that want to carry their line buy 1 or 2 longboards.)

I saw a grocer (180) for $250 recently - half price aint bad.

I've got the 178 in your pic myself, so that 188 is very tempting. I'll send you a message, or pm me with details. Your Oxygen you sold me is living happily as a splitboard now, so the swallow is safe from the saw. Anyway, if I wanted a split swallowtail I'd buy the Voile.After riding one at Splitfest for the day it seems like the perfect weapon for deep backcountry days.

• 3 weeks later...

If I was buying for myself, it would be a Tanker for sure, and probably new. These are loaners to get people interested in longer boards. I've gota lot of hardheaded friends that just don't get it, and won't try. If this doesn't pan out, I'm not out a huge amount of money this way. If it works, maybe I can start selling boards and build from here.....

Jon,

That is cool....I agree it is hard to get people to try longboards, but once they do most love them. Hopefully we will have a great winter again next year. Sorry I did not make it back in time for you to ride one of my 06-07 Tankers before the season ended. Attahced are two pics from my last days of riding (sitting is the mountains across from Stevens Pass two weekends ago and hiking is Mt Baker last weekend).

cheers and pray for snow.

post-420-141842218272_thumb.jpg

post-420-141842218275_thumb.jpg

Jon,

I live in Anacortes so yes it would be easy to hook up, but I am gone a lot for work. e-mail me and I will give you my home number and I can bring a couple boards by for you to check out.

cheers,

sandy