Note to New Members ×

ski boots for carving

willywhit

anyone familiar with Tecnica Icons ? looks like a smokin' ski boot and would prob be good for steep angles on the 18 wide boards. any opinions ? worst case, I'll ski in 'em. sweet deal, brand new on closeout. http://www.usoutdoorstore.com/outlet/index.cfm/dept/cat/fa/products.showDetail/sku/10124300/Tecnica_Icon_Aluminum_HF_Ski_Boot_04.htm

For that kind of money (looked like "closeout" price was like $450?)

I'd look at the Dalbello Krypton Rampage - it's basically a re-branded Raichle Flexon. you can get those under $400 on end-of-season deals. Supposed to be a great freestyle ski boot, and if it feels anything like a flexon, it's gonna be great on a board.

I ski in Icons but wouldn't ride in them. I used to board on a pair of Rossignol Ski Boots and tried the Icons when I bought them. They're a race boot and in my opinion way to stiff to board in.

At the NASTAR Nationals last week I had to switch boots after each run (board, ski, board, ski). It would have been nice to just stick with the ski boots but the competition was tough this year and I needed all the help I could get.

The Icon is a great ski boot but stick with a snowboard specific boot for riding.

matt, that's the only pic I could find online of the boot.They're $99 at a shop here in Boston that's closing.These boots are $775 full pop.I've been meaning to get ski boots to get back into 2 planking a bit and these popped up last night.You still ski, you know what I'm talking about.I'll prob just keep running the Burton Reactors(uncle sam model) for race boots and I've got some AF700's waiting in the wings but these boots look killer for skiing. ALSO, tell me moore, pat.You have the exact same boot ? They look stiff but not the stiffest boot Tecnica makes.Last ski boot I had were Lange Tii's (Yellow Fever model) and they were pretty stiff but I was on Dynastar Courses and K2 TNCs back then. Ironically, the first hard boots I had were Rossi's and the bladders gave me bone spurs so I replaced them with Tecnica TNT bladders and they worked great.

are pretty similar to the TNT

stiff as hell, good boot though

the biggest change was going from queer ass day-glo orange to a less annoying yellowis orange color along with some liner upgrades

ohh yeah they changed the name too

Some models got "carbon fibre" because skiers like that crap

That if Mass needed an enema, the hose would slip right into Lynn. I especially enjoy the smell of the waterfront areas...OMFG!

Now I have to go switch on the neon light tubes under my lowered '82 corrolla 4 door and cruise the Lynnway blasting annoying bass for the rest of the circus freaks to enjoy..."Ya nevah cum out just like ya went in."

Save up those empties and move to Revere or New Bedford. Much nicer there.

Peace

ALSO, tell me moore, pat.You have the exact same boot ? They look stiff but not the stiffest boot Tecnica makes.

The Icons I ski in were bought about four years ago so I can't say they're identical to today's model. As I recall, I could have bought the Icon X at the same time and that was a slightly stiffer model.

In any event, they make a great ski race boot. Check out any race venue in New England and you'll see a lot of 'em. I'l be racing on mine Saturday at Loon in the MDVC East Coast Championships and on my Head Strato Pros on my GS board.

lynn sucks, it's okay to be born there you could not help it, what's important is that you left

it's kinda like Rumford, ME or the nasty parts of Lewiston but much much worse

In a Cops episode being taped in Lynn a crazy bastard with a knife was shot on camera after trying to stab a cop.

only good thing I ever experienced in the City o' Sin was Areosmith at the Manning Bowl back in college circa 1986,even that was kinda sketchy with all the hardcore bikers and thier women.

So I SCORED the boots for a Benji last night.They're pretty sweet. thanks for the info Pat.

I dated a former beauty pageant winner from Lynn. You could hardly notice the scars on her face and the random twitching thing she did was kinda cute. ( she had done a superman thru a windshield by the time I got to her )

I also know that several blocks from the Lynn Creamery there is a asian market where you can get 100% pure Cambodian Breast milk.

Cambodian Mudslides baby!

Sorry if I offend the geek-squad with my comments, but I was put off when TT gave up the name of the store when Willy obviously did not want it known for some reason...

I generally only expect that kind of cheapshot bs from those with tits or turbans...

Feel the love.

PS: BOBDEA, thanks so much for the Mrs T's tip. AWESOME!!! I OWE YAH!!!

So I SCORED the boots for a Benji last night.They're pretty sweet. thanks for the info Pat.

Good for you! Here's the only shot I have of myself on the Icons (with a serious case of "A-Framing" - very little weight on the uphill ski):

smrqfr.jpg