Note to New Members ×

Who is the best in carving ???

Guest cybi

Great question. First it would be Doug Dryer of Bend OR. After that it would be this guy. He rides all winter on ice, and all summer on rocks and dirt, and carves the El Mirage Dry Lake on his F2 while being pulled behind a jeep like a water skier. I think he also has a school where he teaches you how to be shot out of a cannon, but that's not really snowboarding-related.

your criteria is too vague to be taken seriously.

You can discribe the best riders in race , freecarving or eurocarving, everythingelsestyle... who is for you the best ? The question is very simple.

why do you want to look like others? be original, develop your own style.

I love watching the EC guys, but I'm not gonna ride that way...

I think CMC and that russian guy who posted in the vid section have a great style too, but I'm not gonna ride like them either.

This is not about looking like others...It's about how you feel when you lock into a heelside for the first time and then trying to get that feeling back over & over again.

why do you want to look like others? be original, develop your own style.

I love watching the EC guys, but I'm not gonna ride that way...

I think CMC and that russian guy who posted in the vid section have a great style too, but I'm not gonna ride like them either.

This is not about looking like others...It's about how you feel when you lock into a heelside for the first time and then trying to get that feeling back over & over again.

How can i be original if i do not understand basic things yet, i can only copy someone style.

This my eurostyle frontside what do you think ? http://carving.onedge.ru/Video/cybi_laydown.wmv

It`s a way to the truth... to compare the best & youself style. :-)

Ive ridden with way too many hard carvers, and seen way too many amazing pictures to even try this.

"the best" is subjective, and in all honesty..>WHY?

Sutherland fckin rips on a carver, Ken in Utah..Michaud looks pretty damn good...Jenney...

there are so many ripping carvers (although Im more impressed by all around riders)...

How can i be original if i do not understand basic things yet, i can only copy someone style.

This my eurostyle frontside what do you think ? http://carving.onedge.ru/Video/cybi_laydown.wmv

i think your orignal post should have asked for video demonstrating proper technique?

after we decide who the best carver is we can decide the best blues guitarist both decisions should have about as much merit.

i think your orignal post should have asked for video demonstrating proper technique?

after we decide who the best carver is we can decide the best blues guitarist both decisions should have about as much merit.

Guitar has six strings, snowboard has only two edges :-). My unswer is - Eric Clapton :-) for me , for you it would be BBKing :-).

toeside looks good to me... If you can follow it up on heelside you are looking good.

Best carver I ever say? hard to say...plenty of guys on the East coast look great...then I went to Oregon and saw (and did) things you couldn't even attempt on normal Ice Coast conditions...

The best carver is the one who is confident and happy.

Plus if you're dressed in a green one piece with matching board you get bonus points!

Billy Bordy, Phil Fell, Dave Tille, Fin, and some of the PC team all rock in my book. They are the only ones I've seen in person that I can say definately rock!!!

If I would only choose one it would be billy but I like watching all of them ride.