Note to New Members ×

why I seriously dislike truckers

FTA2R

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0306/307532.html

280 fine? are you kidding me. send this guy to jail for 10-15 years, maybe more.

These damn truckers need to stay the f in their own lanes, not trying to pass other trucks (like they are always trying to do here) unless there is no one around. They also cause traffic, tailgate OTHER trucks (how ****ing dumb can you be!!!!)...I wish they had their own roads honestly, or that certain times it was prohibited for them to travel on major interstates. I'm sure there are good truck drivers, but there certainly is no dearth of irresponsible reckless truckers around here.

Around here most of the truckers are pretty good drivers. Certainly better and safer than most of the SUV drivers, especially in the snow. The bad ones are really bad, though. It's funny, ever since I saw Smokey and the Bandit when I was in high school, I wanted to drive a truck like Jerry Reed.

Awhile back I was driving up in northern California near Mt. Shasta and was nearly run off the road several times by logging trucks whose drivers apparently thought the slow lane was their own. I was so pissed at these guys that I started making up songs about them. I recorded a couple of them here, they have become very popular locally :rolleyes:

http://stevedold.com/music/music.html

To give everyone pause-Harris Co(home to Helltown) has a truck enforcement division in the sheriff's dept. They pull random trucks over on I-10 and I-45. The first few weeks, it came out that 70% of the trucks had 3 or more violations and 30% of the trucks were impounded for being too unsafe to be on the road....

Does that translate to 30% of all the semis in the US?????

Think about it...

And this was before CAFTA will unlease thousands of Mexican trucks on the US highways....I have nothing against Mexicans, but their driving standards have much to be desired

To give everyone pause-Harris Co(home to Helltown) has a truck enforcement division in the sheriff's dept. They pull random trucks over on I-10 and I-45. The first few weeks, it came out that 70% of the trucks had 3 or more violations and 30% of the trucks were impounded for being too unsafe to be on the road....

Does that translate to 30% of all the semis in the US?????

Think about it...

And this was before CAFTA will unlease thousands of Mexican trucks on the US highways....I have nothing against Mexicans, but their driving standards have much to be desired

so then what are the numbers for cars? it really doesn't mean much unless you know how to compare it to say cars or trucks in other countries.

truck lanes needed badly. when I was living in SC you couldn't get on or off the freeway without risking your life the trucks were bumper to bumper and it was like some kinda daisy chain with the last one in line always passing the rest of them and clogging up the whole interstate. Like they get where they are going any faster:smashfrea

so then what are the numbers for cars? it really doesn't mean much unless you know how to compare it to say cars or trucks in other countries.

The number for cars? This is the truck enforcement division pulling over vehicles that weigh about 10 times the average weight for cars. Yes, a car can total your car in an accident, but most cars will not be operating with bald tires and a driver that's been up for 18-24 hours, unlike a fair percentage of semis

but most cars will not be operating with bald tires and a driver that's been up for 18-24 hours, unlike a fair percentage of semis

im not trying to start an argument, honest im not. but back this statement up or it really doesnt mean anything. what percentage of auto drivers are up for 18-24 hours? a violation on a semi could be a marker light out, big deal. you are throwing out numbers but they can be read both ways. unless you can put a number on the cars in the area of the study are unsafe to be on the road you really dont have anything to compare it to. or, how many unsafe truck are there in a european country to compare to. it could be that 40% of the trucks are unsafe in Germany, or it could be that 5% are, without comparison your numbers dont mean much.

' Cause you are sounding a tad defensive. They don't make you take your truck out of service over a marker light. Non functioning brake lights, cracked rims, tread on tires etc. - yes they do and should. And the numbers do mean something without being compared to anything else. It means that 30% of the trucks pulled over in random are not safe to operate on the highway cause the cops made them stop operations. :angryfire . With the strength of the truck lobby in most states they are not going to take these trucks out of service over a marker light, they have to document these things.

im not trying to start an argument, honest im not. but back this statement up or it really doesnt mean anything. what percentage of auto drivers are up for 18-24 hours? a violation on a semi could be a marker light out, big deal. you are throwing out numbers but they can be read both ways. unless you can put a number on the cars in the area of the study are unsafe to be on the road you really dont have anything to compare it to. or, how many unsafe truck are there in a european country to compare to. it could be that 40% of the trucks are unsafe in Germany, or it could be that 5% are, without comparison your numbers dont mean much.