Note to New Members ×

Skiers vs snowboarders

Neil Gendzwill

Willy, why are you selling? Specs? How many dayz on the suit?

saw the pants on SAC (maybe it was whiskey) the other day and then the matching jacket was on last night. Since jibbers think matching jacket & pants are cool these days to look like a fartbag commando,had to save that garb.

even a french fruitcake wouldn't rock that outfit...or would he ?

This was sweet, skipped it....too many rashguards already.

post-123-141842244423_thumb.jpg

saw the pants on SAC (maybe it was whiskey) the other day and then the matching jacket was on last night.

It was whiskey, I saw it too. Definitely an eyesore.

I knew somebody who wore some sort of fire-fighting suit. It looked like it was made from a space-blanket. It was actually kinda cool.

You need to hang at some of the resorts here. Everyone under thirty dresses in gear that looks like someone threw up on them.

coupla weeks back, xmas shopping I found a Ronin Jacket in Lizardskin. Nice tech burton jacket, like $300 bucks but $125 at TJ Maxx.THEN....I found the matching pants, same exact Lizardskin print for like $100 bucks.

Just thinking.....how completely stoopid yet PIMP would ya look ?

Regardless, it was quality stuff for cheap(ish)

Full ON brownish lizard skin fartbag !

I know this thread is skier/boarder whatever but I have to laugh at some of the stuff people wear...to stay warm on the hill :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I really like the green wool hunting pants, black/red checkered wool buffalo plaid coat and the orange elmer fudd hat, leather gloves

I don't actually mind some of the pattern gear. Just the jacket with a pair of plain pants, or vice versa, actually looks OK, if you don't mind that you paid a bomb for your gear and next season the beautiful people won't be seen dead wearing it.

I was in Mission with Bartron a few weeks back and we found this burn-your-eyeballs orange jacket and pants set. They had some fluoro green pants as well that I'm sure glowed in the dark. All I could say was that you'd need to be a good rider to pull that stuff off...

I was actually told that by skiers. They try to mean it as a compliment, but it's pretty backhanded if you ask me.

No, I'm not a park monkey and I don't sit around the top of the hill with my belt around my knees. But dammit, I'm a Snowboarder.

I was in Mission with Bartron a few weeks back and we found this burn-your-eyeballs orange jacket and pants set. They had some fluoro green pants as well that I'm sure glowed in the dark. All I could say was that you'd need to be a good rider to pull that stuff off...

Two words...DAMIAN SANDERS!

http://www.alpinecarving.com/vint/exile/01.jpg

:biggthump

WC

that is the most flamboyant nose grab

ever

in the history of man

In hard boots no less!

I was an Avalanche junkie from day one...it's what got me into hard boots in the first place...still have two old Avalanche stix on my apartment wall!

A bunch more on this page - from the original video:

http://www.alpinecarving.com/vint/exile/

I was actually told that by skiers. They try to mean it as a compliment, but it's pretty backhanded if you ask me.

No, I'm not a park monkey and I don't sit around the top of the hill with my belt around my knees. But dammit, I'm a Snowboarder.

For some reason I still say that I am going skiing quite a bit. Which raises eyebrows on both sides of the aisle. The skiers say things like "I thought you were a snowboarder - dude?" The boarders say "Are you giving up your board?" Just doesn't make a darn bit of difference to me. Call me anything but don't call me late to dinner. When they are hoisting themself out of my trench then they can call me the sumbitch that wrecked the run. :biggthump

Serves em right if they are skidding instead of carving.

While not all black I am with Neil on the stealth thing. Even changed my helmet a couple of years ago to carbon gray from go-speed-racer-bubble-style red.