Note to New Members ×

VIRUS Metal! Have you seen it?!?

groovastic

I demo'ed it at SES. Great board, not too stiff, the shallow sidecut gave it stability at speed and the ability to carve tight turns if you pushed hard. Easier to ride than Gladiator Extreme Carbon or Zylon, but a much different response due to the wider (18.5 vs 17.2) waist. A real nice "cruiser" with lots of edge hold and the Virus prerequisite variable sidecut. I believe that it is now in the possession of another SES participant...........

Some specs which Frank gave me this morning:

Lenghth: 175 cm

Width : 18,5cm

Will be made in one style: Titanal/Carbon Holz.

Just awesome.

I am considering to buy this one since the Vampire is more forgiving than a Gladiator. Just still hesitating which one to choose.

Greets, Hans.

I lost his card and was wondering if anyone had his e-mail or should I just go thru the Virus site? Thanks for any info.

I went through the site and everything was fine.

Frank replyed instandly.

The e-mail is the following:

info@virus-snowboards.de

Wow. awesome board, i'd like to know how to get one like that but im afraid of the appearent lack of sidecut, but maybe it's just the camera angle. more specs would be nice

The specs of the board are what Hans posted.

Although that I agree with what Chris said about 12m SCR.

I asked Frank the same thing before I ordered my board and his replay was:

"Frank"

"It has no radius sidecut, it is elyptical so it has a multi radius to ride wide

and narrow turns good!"

Regardless of the construction or calculation of the sidecut radius, one can say that there is an "effective" radius resulting from the nose, waist and tail width. Although I agree with Frank that it is totally variable at the rider's request as he turns, the Gladiator claculates to 10.5 m, and as I rode the Vampire and Gladiator both within an hour on the same slopes, I can confidently say that the Vampire turns a little bit less than the Gladiator, but if you push hard you can make it turn the same arcs. So maybe it's 11.5, maybe 12 at the most, but a bit more than the Gladiator for certain. And much easier to ride too. As I said earlier, a real cruiser. Anyone that wants more info please e me directly!