Note to New Members ×

Spoiler Alert - Women's Olympic BX

skategoat

Shame on those who are whining about her loss. She is 20 years old and having a great time, great runs and she elects to do the "woo hoo" on the last race and eats sh*t. So what? I love the fearless "go for it" attitude. And she DID win the silver.

I hope she ignores all the morons that are trying to spoil it for her. I'm sure she's bummed.

Congratulations Baby-Doll!

Guest powderprincess
According to this report, Seth Westcott and Lindsey's coach both thought Lindsey was showing off.

Yahoo Story

Bummer that the USA is now only 3 for 4 snowboarding golds.

True but now Seth and his girlfriend have golds. Maybe she'll hang out at Sugarloaf and we can see her at ECS.

Guest powderprincess
Shame on those who are whining about her loss. She is 20 years old and having a great time, great runs and she elects to do the "woo hoo" on the last race and eats sh*t. So what? I love the fearless "go for it" attitude. And she DID win the silver.

I hope she ignores all the morons that are trying to spoil it for her. I'm sure she's bummed.

Congratulations Baby-Doll!

Yeah! What Dano said.

Seth W was going nuts in the trials. He showboated more than anyone. Alas. Stuff happens. Lindsay could have 2 or more olympics ahead of her. It's all good.

In life, there are tons of time for 'self expression' and 'fun',...but only a very few rare moments to compete with the best of the best and win the ultimate gold medal. Not to forget that even the opportunity itself happens for a few people only.

I hope she wins a gold medal in the next olympic and leaves this sad moment behind but then again as someone rightfully pointed out; there will be many new talents by then to compete against.

Usually olympic medal winners get good commercial contracts once they return to homeland. I wonder what kind of commercials she may get.

Has anyone heard about the rider that went down?It looked like a nasty wipeout. canadian rider?

Yes, she is Canadian, her name is Maëlle Ricker. From what I heard on TV and this article, she got a concussion, but was OK enough to call Dominique Maltais and congratulate her for her bronze medal.

Seth W was going nuts in the trials. He showboated more than anyone. Alas. Stuff happens. Lindsay could have 2 or more olympics ahead of her. It's all good.

The one trick I saw Seth pull was a quick everyday method grab. Up and down. Lindsay was going for the sustained frozen-grab money shot, complete with a point to the cameras.

My hat is off to her parents who have brought her up to look on the bright side of life and persevere.

Has anyone heard about the rider that went down?It looked like a nasty wipeout. canadian rider?

Maelle Ricker of Whistler, BC went down early. She landed pretty hard on her back and head. Suffered a mild concussion. She was a little confused but knew she was at the Olympics. Only problem, she thought it was Tokyo in 1964 and her name was Steve Prefontaine.

Kidding. She's fine.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060218.OLYSNOWBOARD18/TPStory/Sports