Note to New Members ×

Aggression versus Volant metal boards?

johnstewart

I've got a Volant Excel 162 board with the stainless topsheet. It's become my favorite board (awesome edge to edge speed and great pop), but it's a little bit too turny for some race courses, so I'd like to find one with more of a GS size/sidecut.

I see some of these Aggression snowboard come up for sale with aluminum topsheets. A buddy on my team insists that they must have come from the same place, and that they're likely not correct about the metals being different (i.e. maybe mine is really aluminmum, or maybe the Aggression is really stainless).

Does anyone know for sure, because if they really are the same thing, I'll perhaps pick up an Aggression in a GS size if I see it (otherwise just a Volant is what I want).

thanks!

...don't know anything about aggression snowboards.

But I know that my Volant is made of steel - otherwise the magnetic poetry wouldn't stick to it.

Only problem with my Volant is that it delams and it's not fixable - was fun to ride though...

:cool:

Either you're lucky, or you're not. Admittedly, I've never owned a Volant board, but I fell in love with their skis 2 years ago. While I've managed to delam my first pair of volant skis after about 15 days of use, my SO (who puts significantly more stress on his gear) never had a problem.

Nothing unusual... I've only had one other board blow up that quickly, and that time the manufacturer's response to that one was "yeah, all of the boards in that batch are coming apart, we'll get you a new one ASAP." And the replacement held up just fine.

Volant on the other hand just said "gosh, we've never heard of that happening to one of our boards," three times in a row. I gave away the last board they sent me...