Note to New Members ×

FedEx gave me a Virus!!!

ar(angel

Wow, what a way to start a weekend! I called home to check on the kids and my daughter tells me there's a long thin package waiting for me..... :eek: I'll take better pic's when I get back from our trip, hopefully I can find a shop worthy enough in Shasta to throw a tune on this baby for me.....YAHOO!!!!!

Lovin' life right about now!

Paul

post-857-141842215082_thumb.jpg

post-857-141842215083_thumb.jpg

post-857-141842215084_thumb.jpg

Guest owaysys

where did you get that thing and what did it set you back? I've been looking all over the internet for virus and pogo boards, and all I can find is a lot of stuff in german???

OH BOY! i would like to see your very first turns on that monster in carbon! you'll like it that much, your family will be scared that they will never see you again at home so long there is some snow laying on the hardpack....:eplus2:

keep on riding dude, your infected now forever:biggthump

I'm still waiting to try this bad boy out. Had early "Valentines" plans for the weekend and couldn't take the Virus with us, so I'm looking to get the chance to try it out this Sunday. Spec's on this board if you haven't visited the site are as follows

board length = 172

running length = 156

waist width = 17.2cm

not sure what the sidecut is, Ray or Chris probably know. The topsheet on this thing is unbelievable, the pic's don't do it justice. Numbering under the endless coats of gloss say it's number "01" or "07" of the 2006 run, Franks hand writing is hard to make out. Apparently only 25 are made of each of the "Extreme Series" boards each season. I'll post a ride report as soon as I get the chance. I'm trying to figure out which bindings I want now, but that's a topic for a separate thread..... :D

Have fun,

Paul

The "equivalent" sidecut is about 10.5, but it's really not possible to describe the board with such a simple statistic. It will turn like anything from a 9 to a 15 m radius depending on how you apply your weight, so be prepared for a few days of "acclimatization" to this feature. Frank says it's usually about 5 days of riding to get used to the infection. It is addictive, no doubt. Give us a ride report once you get it out!

Frank says it's usually about 5 days of riding to get used to the infection. It is addictive, no doubt. Give us a ride report once you get it out!

It takes about 4-5 day's off hard riding the get the final flex pattern. You really need to push hard!!! You will feel the changes from day to day...

I just rode a Black Death at the SES and during the first day it was very stiff. Now after the 3rd day it's already great!

that thing is good lookin'

fo' sho' the best looking boards around

tell us how it rides

what type of sidecut does virus use?

years ago I tried a few boards with progressive sidecut, kinda scary at first but once you get used to them and where to place your weight quite fun

a few companies used progressive sidecut on freeride gear same thing applied but made the boards feel real twitchy some conditions

I'm shooting for Saturday, but it depends on which game my son ends up playing in this weekend. I'll be sure to post one as soon as I get the chance. I'm not sure about the sidecut Bob, Chris or Ray can probably tell you more about that than I can. Chris said somewhere between 10.5-11.0 which is what I guessed, but I'm not sure if it's a progressive one or not. The little Oxygen KR's I sold this season had a progressive sidecut and as you pointed out took some getting used to from what their owners told me. Frank you're partially to blame for all this, after seeing that beauty you bought I was convinced I needed one of these damn things! Sounds like Bob is next, maybe he can sell off that broken Burner and start a Virus fund???.... :D

Stay tuned,

Paul

I should be able to make it up next week though. I went ahead and put my F2 bindings off of the Burner on the Virus. I'm going to try to make it up during the week (hopefully Tuesday) and start the "break-in" process. I'm still leaning towards the Cateks, but agreed with the opinions that I shouldn't change everything at once, especially with other Virus riders telling me the board has a 4-5 day break-in period. We got a little snow down here today so it was absolute torture to be at work. Guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.... :rolleyes:

waiting patiently....

Paul

where did you get that thing and what did it set you back? I've been looking all over the internet for virus and pogo boards, and all I can find is a lot of stuff in german???
check http://www.pogo.biz/shop/index.php?currency=USD&language=en&sort=5a for Pogo boards. If it is german, there should be three flags in the top right hand corner of the page. click the british flag for english. I have yet to figure out Virus' website, though