Note to New Members ×

socks...and smelly feet

rikytheripster

Back on topic:

I really like the Ultimax super thin socks. Really great for tight fitting boots.

Febreeze works well in boots. As does Boot Juice (I think I got it from Reliable Racing or one of those outfits). Works best with a boot dryer. I never tried the freezer approach. Not sure my liners would fit in there with the food and stuff. My kids boots get pretty stinky after a while. I use boot juice pretty regularly along with a dryer and it works pretty well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

small ozone generator works well... check your pet fish supply or ebay for a small one that has a builtin pump.

They use big ones to kill mold and destank vacant houses.

I have a small portable one that ive been using for years for small areas like refridge's,boots, closests, cars etc.

work great.

My boots are pretty tight so in an effort to sort this out i was riding with no socks- this resulted after a week in the worst smell imaginable.

how do you get rid of it?

Liners are raichle 324 thernoflex, was worried about washing them, etc

secondly, because of the smell i thouught i could buy some really thin socks instead. was thinking of the lycra thermal type ones, ie the thinnest possible.

anyone use them or have any thoughts?

cheers

I have one question that does not seem to be addressed -- is it your feet that smell bad or the boots? :flamethro

no one can beat my cutco thread creeping!!! :eplus2:

anywho, i got the same prob with my boots. Its hard getting my feet out after a long night of riding because they get all sweaty. I just take out the liner and leave it in the room. It just dries out and there is absolutly zero smell. I'm really suprized. my running shoes on the other hand smell like Yak piss. :barf:

• 2 weeks later...
I look online for natural solutions...found vinegar as a suggestion...

put it in a spray bottle, got the inside nice and coated, did the outside too, then let them dry.

Good suggestion. My liners and socks stank so badly after SES that I had to keep them both out of the hotel room. I did the vinegar rinse after getting home, and now the original smell is gone. I'm afraid that people will start calling me "Fish and Chips Boy" though, the vinegar hasn't worn off yet :)

tom.

I think keeping your liners dry is key. I always have a spare pair on hand in case my boots spent the night in the car.Fresh socks and minty white powder also very key.Wash your socks in the sink with shampoo if you have to but wearing stanky socks will foul your boots with a stink that'll linger like the one in Seinfeld's old BMW. These boots are packed with powder and still minty fresh.

post-123-141842215225_thumb.jpg

Good suggestion. My liners and socks stank so badly after SES that I had to keep them both out of the hotel room. I did the vinegar rinse after getting home, and now the original smell is gone. I'm afraid that people will start calling me "Fish and Chips Boy" though, the vinegar hasn't worn off yet :)

tom.

heh. I guess the question of vinegar smell vs stinkfoot smell comes up, too ;)

today i was walking back to my car and I got a wiff of what seemed to be a heineken. Oddly enough, it turned out to be my boots. Defintly gotta air them out and some febreeze should do. the viniger thing is a final solution.

If you eat enough garlic it will change that smell in your boots to something else you consume. ;)

Forgive me for any repetition, I skipped over many of the posts.

Thin socks and try using an antiperspirant on your feet. Solves sweaty feet and will also make you feet a little warmer by eliminating moisture.

antiperspirant is BAD for you. sweat is a natural function...trying to stop it is like...well...would you stick a cork up your butt?

antiperspirant is BAD for you. sweat is a natural function...trying to stop it is like...well...would you stick a cork up your butt?

:lol::lol::lol:

eddie, i like the smell of beer. Its just the fact that i know that its my feet that caused that smell. $5 donation? I'm in college, I got no money:o

Right now, my boots smell like febreeze and heineken:barf:

True Classic for foul dark dankness, but if that works, it stands to reason a strawberry scented disposable douche would resolve it as well. Do they make those in "new car smell" or is that just for virgins...?

I'll find out. Off to Target to mingle with the ski moms.