Note to New Members ×

Sell it or Keep it

Chubz

Need some input folks.

Picked up a Donek Axis 182 last year when my Volant started to delam. Rode it about 5 days (3 of which at ECES at Okemo last season) and enjoyed riding it, especially on the one powder day we had there, which it floated beautifully,but havent been back on it yet.

Picked up a RT 173 GS (Sabertooth) and MADD 170 Camo this season, which both have opened my eyes on how well a board can function, especially the MADD. I thoroughly enjoy how those boards function and what they can do.

Now the Donek is sitting in the garage and I debate on whether to sell it or not. I realize its a personal choice, but looking for input on what any of you would do. do you have boards in quiver that dont get much play time, but you keep for certain conditions or times of the year?

I ride in PA, so the slopes tend to get skiied of by 10 or 11am with ice and scrape piles and crowds, at which time I usually bag it. aNd come back the next morning for fresh groomers.

Just seeing if you think I should "Hold or Fold". I would like to keep for the occasional powder day here in PA, but picked up an Osin 4807 that is also waiting its turn. Trips out west are limited since getting married and kids.

You folks that wheel and deal a cornicopia of boards, let me know your opinion and reasons why if you have some time.

Thanks

Greg

I'm not one of the wheelers & dealers...but I sold my Axis over the summer because while it was a great board, it was kind of in no-man's-land as far as what I wanted...I planned to buy a powder/freeride board (maybe a tanker or similar) and a carving board and figured once I got those, the axis would never see snow...

Of course that backfired on me as I haven't been able to match my cash flow with board availability... but that's a different story. with a madd 170, a renntiger, and a 4807, I think you've got all the bases covered.

if something sits and gathers dust I say dump it except in some cases such as its a giant pow ride or its a race rocket that only comes out on the days that are not busy and the snow is perfect

the axis is a great board in particular if you don't want to or can't build a quiver, for me I would rather have boards that just plain rip in a specialized area.

but thats just me

The answer is clear: sell it to me for a song. :)

Seriously though, I've been surprised at how often I ride some boards I'd thought I'd retire two years ago. (primarily my freeride board, which still gets pulled out for powder days all the time - not as good as a dedicated powder board for the first 45 minutes, but it's a sweet ride in teh chunky, lumpy hacked-up powder that you ride for the rest of the day).

Unless you need to dump the Axis to buy something else, why don't you hold on to it until the end of the season and see how often you really ride it? If it really doesn't get any minutes, you can sell it at the beginning of next season - it's not like the sale price is going to drop if you wait a season.

I debated at the beginning of this season as to wether or not I wanted to sell my beloved Burner :eek: I didn't ride it much last season because I found myself struggling with it. I'd always go back to my F2 and get "right" again, and slip the Burner back into it's bag and ignore it. After tossing and turning over the whole thing I've decided to give it another chance this season and let it play out from there. The thing for me is the time and effort I put into finding the damn thing and the fact that it just looks so damn cool, stupid reasons I know, but it's the truth. I even contemplated selling the Silberpfiel, probably my favorite "riding" board. The Silberpfiel gets most of my ride time, but the thought crossed my mind to buy a new one and freshen things up a bit, but the damn thing still performs great and shows no signs of wearing out....yet. I also came into a 173 Renntiger at the end of last season and immediately fell in love with it, but am now thinking about getting rid of it too. That one won't be as hard because I've never ridden it so no "bond" has been formed with it yet. With all that being said the new Virus should be here in a few more weeks and all of them may go depending on how that bugger performs. It's a tough choice, but from someone who can sympathize with your pain I'd say sell the Axis. As Tex1230 said it's sounds like you've got the bases covered with your other boards.

Good luck,

Paul