Note to New Members ×

Racing on TV King of the Mountain

EPIK CARVE

Just got done watching Jeep King of the Mountain on CBS. Jasey Jay Anderson got cut off:boxing_sm and snapped the tail of his board behind the binding. The board looked very similar to the board Aimee was selling (Prior with Titanal top). I couldn't remember if he was riding for Prior or Coiler. Last season I saw him race on a Coiler with the flames. :AR15firin

Jasey gave an interview and was holding his board next to him. The Coiler logo was smack in the middle of the TV - I almost ran to grab my camera!

I'm not sure there's any blame to be assigned for the crash. The whole coverage was definitely very cool to watch. Kevin Delaney is always good for a hardboot plug or three, and he wasted no opportunity to point out the advantage of hardboots over softboots for speed events.

It appeared that in the final run after breaking his board that Jasey was on a Kessler board. Not sure but there was writing on the base and I don't think that Bruce puts any die cut writing on his bases. Maybe it wasn't even his board.

Jack, when was that interview? I didn't catch it. I have the race on my DVR except for the begining when the Patriots 5th quarter was on.

->Ben

I was at the event and saw first hand. Jasey ran into the tail of Grahams board. Graham was in the lead and had the line Jasey could have missed him, but tried to push Graham off line instead. Jasey was in fact on a Kessler for the second run, where Jasey did a super dick move at the finish. He tried to force Graham off the course and not finish, Graham had no choice but to hit Jasey at the line. If you watched the semi finals with Jasey and Krassnag, Jasey makes contact when Krassnag has the line and forces Krassnag to bobble and loose speed causeing him to loose the round. This was extremely poor racing by Jasey and shows his true character.

Between runs we had to wait for Jasey to get a new board. When he got to the top Graham asked him if he was ok and Jasey said "you broke my board, I'm really pissed". Then Graham asked if he needed time to get his board ready for the second run. The starter wanted to get going, but Graham said they can't start with out us so take your time and do what you need to get ready. Then Jasey borrowed a few of Grahams brushes because he didn't have the ones he wanted. After all this he tries to intentionally take Graham out in the next run, super lame and shouldn't be overlooked.

c5golfer Jasey was on the new Cateks.

It's extremely hard for a regular footed rider to cut someone to the left of them off when he is in a toe side turn.

I know but we need some drama in the sport. Too bad there are no halftime shows. Does anyone know if the board that broke was similar to the Prior(Iknow the Coiler guys are gasping) with metal topsheet or was it cosmetic?:1luvu:

I saw the race on TV as well. Piss-poor sportsmanship by Anderson and he should have been DQ'ed. As Philfell said, shows his true character. We should expect more from a so-called "champion".

Hats off to Graham for being the true pro.

I'd love to see it - I missed it on TV but if anyone has a tape I'd love to get a copy (email me if you can accomodate me, I'll gladly pay for a VHS tape + shipping)

To Coiler owners: Bruce mentioned to me in an email conversation that the performance of his Titanal boards was dialed but he was still working on the durability, I suspect this has much to do with the fact that he's not offering them to the public yet. So don't worry about your own Coilers breaking. I ride mine hartd and so should you :biggthump

I wouldn't be too concerned about Coilers breaking. Just like the Kesslers these boards are somewhat fragile, they are designed to be race specific boards and are different from what you will get as a public person, unless you ask for a PGS board from Bruce.

As for Jasey not being DQed that is up to the race Jury. Since it didn't effect the final outcome I didn't file a protest on Grahams behalf. Also Jasey is the defending Jeep Champ and their poster boy they don't want to bring attention to it. I like how they said he was toying with Graham coming into the finish.

Guest Randy S.

I just got home last night and watched the race. Phil, it looked really slow in the middle section - was that just TV or was it flat/slow there?

If the Jasey/Grahame 2nd run had mattered, then Jasey's block at the bottom might have been more objectionable. As it was, I didn't think much about it. The crash was cool, too bad there was so much snow flying that we couldn't see it on TV.

I also loved seeing the girl in soft boots take out Doresia Krings. Something serious must have been up with Doresia's board because she's a great rider (plus really nice and pretty hot looking to boot). Pomagalski schooled her in the finals, and really showed off the difference b/w soft and hard.

The Jeep race is coming to Squaw in February. Who from BOL is coming? I have races at other mountains that weekend, plus my kids have ski team so I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate, but I'll definitely try to be there on Sunday once my race is finished to watch the finals. My kids have new helmets since the last time Jeep KOM came to town, so they'll want to come and get them signed by the pros again.

Phil, I don't think I'm going to have room at the cabin for the whole crew for that race. Its the tail end of my kids' spring break and I suspect we'll have a full house. I may be able to house one or two people if someone gets desperate, but don't count on me this time around. I may be able to help track down cheap housing though.

Boston WCVB ABC 1/8 4:00PM I guess it's next wednesday :freak3:

I just set my DVR. Just to clarify--the Jeep website lists 4:00pm, but my programming guide shows that Boston WCVB 5 is airing the Jeep King of the Mt. from 4:30-5:30. "Paid Programming" is on at 4:00pm.

Randy I'll be going to the Squaw Jeep race with Graham and Greenwood and some others hopeing to qualify it should be a good time.

The middle section looked slow because it was. It was so flat that during inspection I had to take my rear foot out and skate through. We got fairly lucky with the wax and our boards were gliding well compared to others. I was helping Leslie with her board as well, it was funny to watch her come into the Y a full gate or more behind and then pass through the flats. She is really smooth through the terrain.

Thanks for the heads up about your place, I'll look elsewhere for when we are in town.

• 2 weeks later...

According to CBS.sportsline.com, the next segment of the Jeep series will be broadcast on 1/14, Saturday, 3:30 pm on CBS, EST. I don't know if they will include any Alpine Snowboard Racing, but it looks like they will on the February 19, broadcast.

Bricky

Guest Randy S.
According to CBS.sportsline.com, the next segment of the Jeep series will be broadcast on 1/14, Saturday, 3:30 pm on CBS, EST. I don't know if they will include any Alpine Snowboard Racing, but it looks like they will on the February 19, broadcast.

Bricky

Hooray for Tivo. I can record the Jeep shows and watch them on Monday night when I'm stuck at home. On Saturday afternoon I can be at the hill actually carving instead of in front of the tube! :biggthump

Guest dragonsword5
Hooray for Tivo. I can record the Jeep shows and watch them on Monday night when I'm stuck at home. On Saturday afternoon I can be at the hill actually carving instead of in front of the tube! :biggthump

::goes over and steals tivo:: :p I don't have it so I have to make sure I see it this year on...you said Feb 19th? This event is what started me in carving :biggthump

Do you know what channels?