Track 5: "click"

Track 6: swoosh, swoosh

Track 7: "ARRGGHH!"

Track 8: whump, thump, tumble

Track 9: "Are you OK, mister?"

Track 10: "mutter, mutter"

Track 11: swoosh, swoosh

Set on auto-repeat.

Last season when I rode with tunes I had Meth/Redman, Korn, and System of a Down on my whopping 128MB flash old-school MuVo.

Hoping I get a Nano for X-mas and then I'll get back to this post and really answer your question....

The new Static-X song that is being played on the radio recently would be a fun song to board to. "GO GO GO!...GO GO GO!!" ;)

:lol::lol::lol: @ Neil! nice one.

Im lookin at gettin a Giro 9MX this winter, with the tuneups deal...not all that keen on totally enclosed phones. got myself an Iriver H140, through a 60GB drive in there, so now my entire music collection, part of my ex's, and a whole bunch of DJ mixes Ive gotten from various sites all on there...so yeah, Id like to listen while riding, but stll be able to hear outside

You'll love that helmet - got mine last year - sure beats having the earphones jammed into your ears by the helmet flaps - and you can turn it up pretty loud and still hear things around you.

I usually listen to classical early in the day - mellow first few runs, then switch to a punk/metal mix once I'm warmed up - a lo of sex pistols, suicidal tendencies, butthole surfers, black sabbath, siouxsie & the banshees, the clash...and his mix my brother sent me "the kleptones - a night at the hip-hopera" - basically a rap remix of queen's "a night at the opera" - pretty cool if you can find it (keeps getting bumped off the web for copyright infringement

Kleptones are crazy. Ive heard a lot of covers by them that were pretty cool.

I have a whole bunch of DrumNBass and Breakbeat DJ mixes, some of which are pretty cool.

tryin to find the 9.9MX for an "ebay" price, but so far keep forgetting to bid on the darn things:)

no need to get a the giro if you don't wanna spend money /buy a new helmet. I think I posted pics several months ago of my homemade duct tape buds behind the foam of the Beori I wear. volume is decent, buds stay in the helmet year round now, too much of a pain to put them back in. One reason I wear the underarmour Skully cap (like NFL style) is to keep my ears closer to my head b/c adding the buds does decrease the space somewhat (depending on how tight the helmet is to begin with). i experiemented with diff't types of phones in diff't configurations and found this to work the best. Lot of people don't even realize i'm listening to music (guess they must think I'm too cheap to buy a new helmet and just use duct tape to hold it together)

Call me silly, but I listen for skiiers-chances are, I'm better at stopping and avoiding them than they are of me-especially the ones behind me bombing the hill...

I know I have the right of way being downhill, but most skiiers equate collision with a rider as the rider must have done something wrong

Kleptones are crazy. Ive heard a lot of covers by them that were pretty cool.

I have a whole bunch of DrumNBass and Breakbeat DJ mixes, some of which are pretty cool.

tryin to find the 9.9MX for an "ebay" price, but so far keep forgetting to bid on the darn things:)

Dave,

Try this site. Giro Nine.9 MX for 49.95

http://www.slidingonthecheapgear.com/

Call me silly, but I listen for skiiers-chances are, I'm better at stopping and avoiding them than they are of me-especially the ones behind me bombing the hill...

I know I have the right of way being downhill, but most skiiers equate collision with a rider as the rider must have done something wrong

Just curious and not implying anything with this question but...

Have you ever really been able to avoid a collision from hearing what was coming behind (uphill from) you? It just seems to me by the time I hear someone bombing by me they're already past before I can actually do anything) or if I hear someone behind me and they don't pass it's because they are skidding to a stop or slowing down.

I think the only time on the hill when my ears have saved me is when I'm turning heelside back into the center of the trail at relatively slow speeds and hear someone coming in behind (not uphill of) me and aborting the heelside sucking up my knees and getting on my toeside as fast as possible.

Have you ever really been able to avoid a collision from hearing what was coming behind (uphill from) you?

No, but I have definitely braced myself for a collision after I heard the guy behind me. I'd hate to get hit from behind while in a full, laid over, 3 G's fully crouched + angulated turn - I'm positive at that limit of force + body origami that a collision would tear all sorts of body parts loose. The few times that I have been in collisions, I knew they were going to happen a split second in advance, just enough to relax the edge angle so that it would skid out and get my body into a more collapsable, less vulnerable position...

Barry...yeah, I remember your mod, but I dont have a helmet, and the 9MX was the only one I tried on that didnt make me look like a bigheaded alien

astrokel...yup...DnB is great energy music. I have mellow stuff (the promised land comps are AWESOME for mellow DnB) and super hard stuff...although I dont like a lot of the newer HARD DnB...too fast, no funk

RandyT...THANKS for the link but unfortunately they dont have my size...only XS, which I definitely am not:)

Ive ridden 15 years without one...

The few times that I have been in collisions, I knew they were going to happen a split second in advance, just enough to relax the edge angle so that it would skid out and get my body into a more collapsable, less vulnerable position...

Oh yeah! That's the OTHER way my ears have saved me :o ... not necessarily AVOIDING the collision but making what was seemed inevitable a bit less serious...

I don't listen to music because I like hearing the sound of my edges (like I like hearing my tires on the road: i have discovered TWO BOLTS that way in my tire before driving a full thirty feet!!!).

However, If I were to ride with music it would probably be something like Enya, the Gladiator soundtrack, or the American Beauty soundtrack. :-) Not a typical college student.

i don't listen to music while riding, i love to hear the snow, but here are some songs that i believe to go perfectly with the flow of snowboarding, be it freestyle or freeride, or of course carving

Eutow, by Autechre this is a bit of a hard listen i guess, but it's got such a good flow (check out 1 minute in), and this song is unbelievably from 1995, they were SO ahead of their time

Chromakey Dreamcoat, Music is Math, or 1969, by Boards Of Canada (i don't think they named themselves that because of snowboarding, they're from Scotland anyway!)

maybe Narayan or Climbatize by Prodigy

of course this is all electronic music, which is good for the pure sensations of riding. I bet even non-electronic music fans would like this pumping in the background of a good snowboard movie. Rock works great to drive to, but I can't see riding to it, it's too distracting, it takes away from the spotlight that riding should take up, whereas electronic music I'd imagine would just add a nice flow to complement the riding. Check those songs out at least :)