Note to New Members ×

Chocolate!

Allee

I LOVE dark chocolate. I got a gift from a friend :) which was a dark chocholate bar from Italy - sooooo good! I didn't know Lindt made a 99% bar - where can I get that in Colorado?????

I also love Green and Blacks - they make a super dark chocolate bar.

The philisophical side is that a lot of the chocolate companies (Hershey's Cadbury's etc) buy their cocoa beans from companies (mostly in Africa) that use child slave labor to harvest their crops. So if that matters to you, you should look into the companies that do not. No organic chocolate companies use the "slave" chocolate, so if you eat only organic you should be fine. Just a little wisdom for the day.

ORGANIC dark chocolate has some health benefits, or so I'm told. My wife is actually able to eat small amounts of it, unlike the regular store shelf variety. The last 2 weeks have been kinda fun with her bringing home little organic chocolate suprises every 2-3 days. A little mini taste testing going on in my household! I gotta say that I prefer the higher cocoa chocolates, and the garden variety stuff should be buried in the garden!

One of the few imported chocolate varieties that doesn't seem to suffer from the all too common quality decline. Milka and even Ritter Sport are actually pretty good in Europe, over here they just taste flat. Milka makes a plain yogurt filled one - tastes great right out of the fridge. I've never seen that one over here, though.

I guess my all time favorite is the cherry liquor filled Lindt bar. 12 pieces to a bar - heavenly. For some reason I can't stand the filling of the much easier to find raspberry verion, but a few stores in town carry the cherry one, too...

PS: I'm spending Christmas in Germany - all the good chocolate I can eat, and I get to take some home, too!!!! :D

I find Canadian/American Chocolate has too much wax and too little Coco. This Swiss Chocolates are unbelievable' date=' especially if you get the 80-95% pure stuff.[/quote']

I hate when they cut my chocolate with inferior products.

There is the stuff from europe that is triangle shaped and breaks off in 1/4 inch chunks - my exchange student sister would send from Germany. Never stayed around long enough to remember the name and I have never seen it here.